MA Nature making ice

Gil

1 hour ago, Gil said:

Looking at the forcast for the next week

. Looks like we're gonna get several inches of ice. Great belated Xmas gift! Thanx MA. 

Rrrright on Gil ...just checked the 10 day forecast and  Brrrrring it on !!    I'll be checking out a few spots today (going shack wacky) . I want to cut a hole at the shore ice ....curious to see if that old spoon auger will cut  the mustard .....  :Gonefishing:

1 hour ago, I'm_A_Drifter said:

And lots of open water close by.

The last spot to freeze on the pond is on the west shore of Henley Island . Some current from the 12 Mile passes by that side and exits under the Island bridge . Always be wary of that area .  ....heading out in a few minutes to check out a few spots .....hoping the new coffee shop is open ....  :Gonefishing:

Back from Port & brrr it's cold outside !   Saw a few huts on the white ice/snow  but the  black glossy ice doesn't look safe .  One guy was fishing Rennie using large minnow/chub bait he got at Peter's . He said they hope to get more minnows shortly . So , I augered my 1st hole with the old spooner  ....ran out of elbow grease after a few minutes , but it cut through all 3 -3.5" of ice .I could spud the hole faster !  Back to the basement she goes !  Hello Finbore III  :Gonefishing:

9PZPiDmOwSQ8EynghoggHQ1qFfKGE1RqnnFJX3RM

oh ya .....here's the old abandoned Timmies at Port .....I hope they open it soon !!

_WVxDgUr66gKehJO0qtWsB7Z9HecytiZc9eKIqZQ

....new info on Homestead,  today's paper .....HOW SWEET IT IS  !!!!

http://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/2017/12/27/new-life-for-port-dalhousie-doughnut-shop

Archived