Rec canal fish... summer

Limey

Wasn't too bad mate, I've still got a lot to learn so I was mainly spinning, I've invested in a few different types of lures since then so I'm looking forward to the better weather.

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Smelt_Fishy said:

Lots of bass in the Welland Canal. Ive seen some big bass prowling in that water.

Ive always wanted to take a canoe/kayak in there and work the shoreline. I'd wager it would be a blast.

Definitely mate, I only really started towards the end of the summer and I was experimenting with different lures and spinners but hours of fun.

as you said in a canoe or kayak I think you'd find some beauts

16 hours ago, Smelt_Fishy said:

Lots of bass in the Welland Canal. Ive seen some big bass prowling in that water.

Ive always wanted to take a canoe/kayak in there and work the shoreline. I'd wager it would be a blast.

I got a fishing kayak last year, and had some good luck in there on bass.

That bridge spot isn't far from.my go.to place for carp......... tons of species in their.... largies and smallies,catfish,carp, crappie,perch, trout and eyes... I have seen one pulled outta that water too so the legend is true.... seen one pulled outta the 12 too.... blew my mind 

the bridge in my pic WC?

gotta be honest here, they weren't mine, i'd been dragging the wife around after using google satellite fro somewhere else to try, i found that place by pure luck, when i walked out to take look i could see something at the edge of the water moving, noticed it was a stringer but there was nobody else in sight. 30 seconds after i'd put them back and told the wife to come and have gander an asian guy walked back from the other side of the bridge, gave me giggle anyway.

Archived