Georgian Bay...mid-May

w1w

...about a mile back from one of the main channels. Been fishing the same general areas for over 20 years. Bass and pike were mixed together. There were no water marks along the shore. Can't remember not seeing water levels marked on the granite. Anyways, this pike was taken on a Strike King 'trap', chrome and black. Most of the other fish were, too. About 35 fish between us, that day. At one point, I had helped net a fish. The guy in my boat had put his rod down with the trap hanging in the water. When he went to pick it up a smallie took it at the same moment. Luckily, the rod didn't break. Three to five feet deep, raining and overcast all day, water temp around 58-59*. 

erich pike.JPG

...my friend caught the pike and is holding it...I guess that would make me the guide?...lolol...here's an image from the trip...might be one of the best photos I've ever taken...belongs on a postcard?...

erich 10.JPG

...you'll have to forgive me on exact depth. It drops off soon after the stream meets the river...maybe 24-30'. We threw some traps with no luck. Never got a fish in that spot. Only been there 4 times. The boat is in what I would describe as a small saucer lake. We've caught small pike and one larger pike during those trips at the other end, though. Can't get up there in the fall because the lake is elevated from the main river. Spring run-off (especially, this year), allowed us to go under the railway bridge (narrow) and gain access that is usually out of the question, later in the year. On a couple of occasions, bow mount with a push pole got us there when water was lower...

3 hours ago, Bubba14 said:

We do have a beautiful province and country!

Amen to that !

Mean looking pike there Mike....big snarly head with menacing teeth  !!

And that is a great shot of the Canadian wilderness .....would look great enlarged and in a frame on your wall  !

Nice pics....and nice pike.....that one will be huge when it fills in to grow to fit its giant head....lol

Archived