Worm Harness Change

smerchly

I know there are several ways to store a worm harness for quick access and neatness , but how do you guys make a quick change to another harness when using a 3 way swivel with a drop sinker ?  The 3 way swivel is tied to the main line and the harness line is also tied to the 3 way swivel .  Tying a new set up takes time so I want to know what methods are used to change the worm harness quickly ? 

I have always used a snap swivel. If your worm harness has a loop at the end, have a bit of leader coming from the 3 way with a snap swivel. Then just snap the loop into that. I dont have a chance to send a pic now but if you need one, PM me and I will when I get a chance. 

I  found this method works , only need one snap on the 3 way swivel and tie all harnesses with a double loop knot . I use $store baggies to store each harness  for quick selection . Here is a quick  piece I put together for reference . ...a little concerned with line twist .

worm harness clip.jpg

27 minutes ago, tolly82 said:

I think if you have a leader coming off the three way with a snap swivel attached and then your harness it should help negate some of the line twist. 

Hopefully the 3 way swivel will be enough to stop line twist , especially mono line . I try to use the least amount of knots & swivels as possible .  I'll soon be testing the rigs after this sunny warm spell cools down .

When I run crank baits like a J-11 on a 3 way rig  , I use leaders , just in case a pike takes it . Those little snaps are so handy when changing many types of rigs , including ice fishing rigs. They come in various sizes and quality ....like the stainless ones best .

You guys use a three way swivel? I have never fished a three way trolling.

My downrigger setup is swivel on end  fishline, keel with leader and swivel, worm harness.

Substitute keel with leader and swivel to jet diver or dipsey with leader and swivel when not using downrigger.

ik-310002.jpg

Neat 3 way  Chris .....  I use the 3 way rig in the set up above for casting as well from shore or boat....using worm harnesses , or floating lures like  Husky Jerks . I prefer to use them in places with some current & let it swing as we do with roe bags . The sinker allows the lures to stay close to bottom (not too heavy) !   & I use very light line for the drop sinker in case it gets caught in rocks...it will break off ,  saving your lure .  .....looking at the weather for my next 3 way adventure .....   :Gonefishing:

Archived