Fishing the pond.

marth11

So went fishing on the pond Sunday, it was on fire, from the time I got there around 9am to about 1245 it was one perch after the other, I landed 15 and probably missed double that, also got a fat sheepshead. I was fishing with a buddy and he got 5 perch, and missed about the same amount as me, he also got one carp and had 4 additional runs.

20191020_102900.jpg

20191020_120810.jpg

Big drum for the pond Joe !  Bet you thought you hooked a pike  lol

I've caught carp there as well .  I "was" going to give it a go there today , but got a dentist appt .at 2 pm.

Worms or minnows Joe .....maybe Peter's has minnows now ?

18 minutes ago, smerchly said:

Worms or minnows Joe .....maybe Peter's has minnows now ?

Minnows, had leftovers from Dominion when I fished Lake Erie on Saturday.

2 hours ago, marth11 said:

Thanks Joe , I was using worms and feeding the gobies .....bad this year ! 

Gobies liked my p. & c. can corn when I fished there for carp .....maize is the ticket there .

Yeah minnows where the key, I might be heading back there this weekend, it will depend on the weather and if I can find minnows locally.

11 minutes ago, marth11 said:

Yeah minnows where the key, I might be heading back there this weekend, it will depend on the weather and if I can find minnows locally.

I'm on the prowl for minnows .....saw some at Gibby but not in numbers .I'll soon be setting up my tank in the garage if I get some ....maybe they will soon be in the Niag. River.

I'll call Peters before my next outing .....

20 hours ago, DaveC said:

Hey Joey, nice going and nice to see your still around.

Thanks! I don't get out fishing nearly as much as I would like, I picked up other hobbies that don't include leaving the house lol.

Archived