Carping from a boat?

DNorton

Is it feasible? worth while? topic says it all.. Still love to carp fish, but with me buying my boat now I'm looking for every excuse to get it out onto the water and chase all sorts of different things! Ive been thinking maybe fly fishing back into jordan harbour against the lilypads from the boat? anyone tried it? ive tried in the kayak before no success but I dont want to put the carp gear down and let it collect dust now that im off shore. Anyone have any insights or thoughts?

Good video ! ... watched it with my morning coffee .....gets me pumped for the carp season !  The water is warm there ....lots of carp to be had !   I see Viola using what looks like a 13 -15' rod which I would like to try at some spots . ....Nice mirror at 11:30 min. !  

Maybe a bolt rig would be good there to keep the bait firmly planted in the current ..you will know when a carp takes it !  If I go to Quinte this year , I'll have to chum a spot and give it a go from the boat .....so many spots to try there....

21 minutes ago, smerchly said:

Good video ! ... watched it with my morning coffee .....gets me pumped for the carp season !  The water is warm there ....lots of carp to be had !   I see Viola using what looks like a 13 -15' rod which I would like to try at some spots . ....Nice mirror at 11:30 min. !  

Maybe a bolt rig would be good there to keep the bait firmly planted in the current ..you will know when a carp takes it !  If I go to Quinte this year , I'll have to chum a spot and give it a go from the boat .....so many spots to try there....

Lots of carp out there smerch. Bait for a couple days and fish it. Even better if you have a buddy there get him to bait somewhere before you show up. 

There's a shallow bay there ,full of carp , but the weeds are real tough . ...need to get the carp on top of the water quickly and use heavier line ...worth a try , fish closer to the boat.