Car Batteries

smerchly

Just got back from the Wally parking lot after my wife called me to say the car wouldn't start . I gave it a jump start from my van to get her home with the groceries . I bought a new Napa battery 4 years ago for $200 plus tax . The car has only been driven about 2000 km on that battery . I heard Napa batteries are low grade , but expensive compared to Can.Tire . Engine is a 4 cyl . , car is a G6 Pontiac. I hope it's only the battery & not the alternator . The system will need checking as it may not be the battery since it's not that old . 

Checked C.T. on line & they have 2 batteries for the G6 , the cheap one $115. has only one year warranty & the other one @ $150. has 4 years .  Winter is coming so I want to be prepared .

i can also call CAA and they will install a battery in my driveway ..... don't know anything about their battery quality .....

Car batteries usually only have a 5-6 yr life(reason for your 5yr pro rated warranty) . In North America there are only 2-3 wet acid battery manufacturers( East Penn probably the largest) whom private label for different wholesale /retailers.

I put the battery on the charger with led lights & one light was flashing & I noticed small sparks at the pos.terminal which tells me the plates are shorting out . CAA is comimg shortly to install a new battery & check the alternator , etc. The battery has a 3 year warranty , then it's prorated after that for replacement cost. I lost the receipt from the Napa battery which I got from Sharps Auto  3 or 4 years ago.

Total cost is $225 .  

Had to replace my battery on my Golf a couple months ago. Turns out it was the original from 2013 when the car was originally sold. 

Got the same VW OEM one put in, hopefully it’ll last another 7 years… lol

35 minutes ago, Ross said:

Had to replace my battery on my Golf a couple months ago. Turns out it was the original from 2013 when the car was originally sold. 

Got the same VW OEM one put in, hopefully it’ll last another 7 years… lol

Is the Golf's battery a AA or a AAA  size ?  B)

I bought a Die Hard battery from Sears many years ago ....got 10 years out of it before it croaked . 

They don't make them like they used to ......