Back to Winter

smerchly

Woke up this morning to the blissful sound of a snow plow cruising past my window ....took a look outside and ......yippey do dah ...snowing and blowing again !

....coming down pretty heavy now , from the north , compliments from Lake O . Looks like I'll pump up the bad tire on the blower again ( installed a plug )

And it will be spud time again since we had a thaw / runoff take place . Some spots I know may not be safe as runoff /current has eaten away some ice .

Be extra careful , driving and fishing !     :Gonefishing:

Just got to Brampton now. Highways were sloooooww. Should of turned around when the sign said 52min to Brant street and usually it’s says 12-20min depending on traffic. Sun is suppose to come out in 20 min but still lookin like  a blizzard now. 
should've stayed home and prepared for lake simcoe. Leaving late tonight for the weekend. 

1 hour ago, genec said:

Just cleared out 2 1/2 inches off my driveway.

I started to use a shovel until I saw a big 12" drift all the way down the driveway ...got the blower out !  Just came in after 2 hrs., doing neighbours driveway/sidewalk , and next door snow bank left by the plow  then cleaning off both vehicles which get snow drifts from the house roof .  Road is now salt / soup slush . 

A few days ago I saw a few worms on the grass where the sun  warms the ground quickly !   

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/25/2022 at 9:45 PM, bigugli said:

Maybe I'll finally get out to ice fish.

Bruce.....if you are feeling up to it we can meet up at Rennie or some place with a short easy walk to the ice .... I have minnows , little 1" er's & some 2.5" ers .for the pike . 

It is REALLY blowing out there today and 65*F.  !  That will damage the ice at some spots , but local ice was 12" yesterday ....more cold temps on the way , ice should be stable for another week or so .....(hopefully)

I hope you are doing better with the back & arthritis during this warm spell . 

...oops www  gone for 20 min....back again  (wind) ...

3 hours ago, smerchly said:

Bruce.....if you are feeling up to it we can meet up at Rennie or some place with a short easy walk to the ice .... I have minnows , little 1" er's & some 2.5" ers .for the pike . 

It is REALLY blowing out there today and 65*F.  !  That will damage the ice at some spots , but local ice was 12" yesterday ....more cold temps on the way , ice should be stable for another week or so .....(hopefully)

I hope you are doing better with the back & arthritis during this warm spell . 

...oops www  gone for 20 min....back again  (wind) ...

Next couple of days I'm tied up. Judy has surgery tomorrow on her knee, again.

2 hours ago, bigugli said:

Next couple of days I'm tied up. Judy has surgery tomorrow on her knee, again.

I hope she recovers quickly , just in time to enjoy the spring weather and  that nice back yard .

My ex. just had a "bionic shoulder" installed & has a new hip & 2 knees replaced . 

We are fortunate we have these options .