Spring cleaning

Tyler0420

Finally got around to cleaning up and organizing my fishing gear it was a mess. 9C2AC59D-1565-4EE8-AB70-D84AF0A15536.jpegMy problem is when I go fishing I just buy new stuff. I think I have enough material to tie roe bags for the next ten years and enough floats to go with it.
I have a tackle box with spoons and body baits that are rusty/dirty. I know some people strip lures and repaint them if anyone wants this box it’s free. C9DC4B00-8473-4C4D-80F1-881254DB529A.jpeg

Tyler , it would take me a week (40 hrs) to clean up my messy tackle 'shop' !  I have another steel shelf unit to assemble which will make 4 shelves of tackle in all . I want to get rid of my large 45 -50 year old chest freeze & get an upright one to make room for the shelf unit....hard to get now as no stock for 18 cu ft. ones.

I like using the floating lures like J-9 , kwikfish , husky jerk , etc. on a 3 way with just enough weight to skim the bottom , even 30' down like the rec . Also at spots like the fast running 12 Mile , twisters work good on that set up . Use lighter line & cheap swivels for the sinkers to break off first if caught up in rocks ....

I have 3 rods 'ready for action' this week , before pike season is shut down for 6 weeks , then try Jordan for trout /perch etc.

26 minutes ago, smerchly said:

Tyler , it would take me a week (40 hrs) to clean up my messy tackle 'shop' !  I have another steel shelf unit to assemble which will make 4 shelves of tackle in all . I want to get rid of my large 45 -50 year old chest freeze & get an upright one to make room for the shelf unit....hard to get now as no stock for 18 cu ft. ones.

I like using the floating lures like J-9 , kwikfish , husky jerk , etc. on a 3 way with just enough weight to skim the bottom , even 30' down like the rec . Also at spots like the fast running 12 Mile , twisters work good on that set up . Use lighter line & cheap swivels for the sinkers to break off first if caught up in rocks ....

I have 3 rods 'ready for action' this week , before pike season is shut down for 6 weeks , then try Jordan for trout /perch etc.

If you need some helping getting rid of that freezer let me know we can throw it in my truck and take it somewhere  I’m sure there’s a back road close by hahaha just kidding. 
or  post it on Kijiji and I’m sure someone will come get it. 

2 minutes ago, Tyler0420 said:

If you need some helping getting rid of that freezer let me know we can throw it in my truck and take it somewhere  I’m sure there’s a back road close by hahaha just kidding. 
or  post it on Kijiji and I’m sure someone will come get it. 

I'm amazed it still works good since I had a new compressor put in it about 30+ years ago . It leaks water under the bottom & I have rags stuck to the frozen ice on the outside !  Whenever I toss anything made from steel out to the roadside curb it will 'disappear' the same day by people picking up scrap .

(would make a nice hot tub or big worm box )