Erieau

Tyler0420

Well it wasn’t a total bust. On the water for 8:00am and  Peddled out to 40fow and dropped two rods with 20,30 jets/spoons. Went to 52fow and no luck (3hrs). Took a break and swapped my rods over to worm harnesses. 60fow bam fish on. Fished that set up for an hour with no more action. Guy I was fishing with says I’m going to start heading in shore looks close but it’s 2hrs away. So jets and spoons back on for a faster troll back into shore. Using a 30 jet in 30fow and The fish finder is littered with fish on the bottom 10’. I look at my rod and say “it has to go off” bam fish on another walleye slightly bigger. So I pack that rod up cuz I’m only getting shallower. Still have a 20 jet out. 26fow rod goes off and it’s fighting good. Of course a sheephead.  From where we started heading in-to shore was 8km. Probably did 20km today mostly trolling spoons 2.5-3.2 mph. 
my legs feel it and my ass is sore. 
nice day out slightly overcast and next to no chop on the water. 

797B0C57-719D-4337-ABA1-9F5D64545844.jpeg

6C2DA88F-721E-4182-A31A-43502EF783B4.jpeg

E3E683A8-242C-402D-8A27-AC8C1351618A.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Thats awesome! I'm just getting comfortable hitting 15ft. of water for Smallies.I've seen some crazy wind this year and Erie is rarely calm..I was in Albino Bay last week on a North wind and it started cranking way more than the predicted 30 k gust..Always think I'm safe in an offshore wind but I learned you can get white caps even close to shore... 

I missed some of this thread , been working in the dungeon for a week  !

Nice catch Tyler ,  good size walleye & great tablefare  !

The sheephead can trick most anglers into thinking they have a big eye , & I like the good fight they put out regardless .....

but always a disappointment when you spot the silver colour eh ? ...sort of like catching carp on lighter gear ......

I like that first shot too ...good excercise for the legs ( like going up ladders)   B)

1 hour ago, Dave said:

Thats awesome! I'm just getting comfortable hitting 15ft. of water for Smallies.I've seen some crazy wind this year and Erie is rarely calm..I was in Albino Bay last week on a North wind and it started cranking way more than the predicted 30 k gust..Always think I'm safe in an offshore wind but I learned you can get white caps even close to shore... 

I haven’t fished smallies yet but I’m sure it’s a blast. Ya always gotta watch wind gusts. White caps are no fun 

1 hour ago, smerchly said:

I missed some of this thread , been working in the dungeon for a week  !

Nice catch Tyler ,  good size walleye & great tablefare  !

The sheephead can trick most anglers into thinking they have a big eye , & I like the good fight they put out regardless .....

but always a disappointment when you spot the silver colour eh ? ...sort of like catching carp on lighter gear ......

I like that first shot too ...good excercise for the legs ( like going up ladders)   B)

I was using my regular spin rods so they were all decent fights. The sheep definitely put up a great fight. Nice catch to finish off the day.