Cleaning up after a fire

bigugli

Son's apt building burnt down early this week. Finally got to go in this morning to help Rob sort through what looks salvageable. What it means is I have a small mountain of fishing tackle, jigs, lures, and accessories that need cleaning and drying out. Just add that to the list of chores that is cutting into my fishing time.

Just now, bigugli said:

Son's apt building burnt down early this week. Finally got to go in this morning to help Rob sort through what looks salvageable. What it means is I have a small mountain of fishing tackle, jigs, lures, and accessories that need cleaning and drying out. Just add that to the list of chores that is cutting into my fishing time.

Luckily no one got hurt and the dog was saved too . I hope they find the cause of the fire and the building is repaired soon .

I hope all the tackle can be cleaned up quickly with a good cleaner . 

2 hours ago, smerchly said:

Luckily no one got hurt and the dog was saved too . I hope they find the cause of the fire and the building is repaired soon .

I hope all the tackle can be cleaned up quickly with a good cleaner . 

No repairs. Building will be a tear down. Fire originated in the Kitchen/cabana area. Fridge or oven/ electrical fault.

2 hours ago, Tyler0420 said:

Glad everyone was alright Bruce. Good luck with the cleaning. Fall pannies will be waiting for you. 

Everybody had gone to work before the fire started. Neighbour called it in.    The gang at the house is still shook up. Some former tenants have also tried to add to problems with insinuations of arson.

It's good to hear that everyone is ok...regardless it still sucks big time to be out of a home....and lost possessions ect.... specially if anything involved would be irreplaceable such as momentos... heirlooms ect...