15 mile creek access

Markster

I went down to 15 mile creek today to see if the fish were coming up from the lake and noticed that the access at the lake has some rather non-standard no trespasing signs up on the east side. Are these for real or is the guy on the corner trying to assert some kind of ownership? He doesn’t own that property as far as i can tell. What gives?

EA4C8FA8-A87D-4108-9A39-82097FF0C874.png

We had some anti hunters put up "no trespassing" and " no hunting" signs all over our property last year, which is private property ! They were ripped down immediately and we were hoping they returned during the hunt but It didn't happen. 

That photo is the 16 Mile pond where many fish for carp . I've seen 5 or 6 cars parked along the service rd.there which I think is/was legal . Sometimes the problem is garbage and  I would certainly question those signs . Nice spot to put the yak in for a  mile trip to the back end near the CNR tracks. I used to pick peaches there back in the 50's and it was full of carp and those pesky white perch. I  haven't been there all summer so I don't know if the outflow is open there or at the 15 pond outflow, depends on the lake level ....same with Jordan .

You are right Mark , that building with the black roof threw me off and I was also looking at a summer map earlier where the 15 Mile pond south of the QEW is choked solid with weeds  , where we used to catch "dogfish" . I also like to check the Navigator maps as they have many maps of the same area covering many years back .

Here's the google shot of both ponds , which I like to fish north of the QEW . I'd like to know more about the signs .

15 and 16 pond.JPG

I fish there occasionally and I have never had any trespassing problems. There is a trail on the west side leading to the water. He also stores some stuff on the public property which is why he doesn't want people near it. I have never had any problems though. Did you see any fish coming up?