Charles Daley Beach Front East

Port_D_Guy

During my usual morning drive, I periodically check here to see the ever changing forms this berm is taking. Today most of it is under water, but also looks as if the waves have pushed a small section further in south (this morning). What were they hoping to accomplish when they had construction machinery I believe two years ago digging up the brush?

1t5hcagv.png

I have a post with photos about this berm . When the lake water level was extremely high most of the trees roots were washed away and toppled many trees .The large machines removed those trees ,hoping to save the rest but large waves continued to destruct the berm . The berm is being washed into the pond & will probably be nothing but an outflow stream from the 15 Mile Creek .  This WAS a very important pond for wildlife and fish habitat for spawing etc etc. Sad to see it destroyed. 

There was more trees there and and fairly solid ground to walk all the way over to the east, where the outlet was. Most of the time the outlet sits in the middle. Not sure if the far end is closed off completely. 

Its the foliage roots that hold the ground together to prevent erosion. What's next? As costly a concrete/stone wall to preserve the pond? Or leave it as is?

That pond is shallow enough. Last fall it looked like 3 ft of water on top of 3 ft of muck (like Jordan Harbor).

Just now, Tyler0420 said:

I don’t think they were thinking when they put all that work into planting trees there. 

They spent a lot of time and money trying to save the berm but the high water level of the lake wiped it out . The lake is on the low side now and the berm is at the same level . I think they will let nature take its course and the pond is toast.  Fish will still be able to migrate up the stream when there's enough run off...

55 minutes ago, smerchly said:

They spent a lot of time and money trying to save the berm but the high water level of the lake wiped it out . The lake is on the low side now and the berm is at the same level . I think they will let nature take its course and the pond is toast.  Fish will still be able to migrate up the stream when there's enough run off...

Ya id just leave it and let Mother Nature take care of it.