shore fishing rod holders

Port_D_Guy

Especially on say a dock or a pier, when you can't stake the ground.

I was thinking a tripod with a rod holder that is adjustable to fish the tip down or up. What I picture is that your rod is off the ground with

no chance a fish would pull it into the water.

Who in the area would have the best variety of such shore rod holders?

I expect to modify it. I see a lot out there of different styles, but not exact.

Here is kind of the direction I'd go, but its in Australia for surf fishing.

All Products

I have some large red coil rod holders that can be pushed into the ground and an extension pipe like 1/2 " copper can be added for extra hight or to go deeper into sand ...cheap cheap .  I sharpened them to make it much easier to push into tough clay ,etc. They work great when carp fishing at the lake as they can easily be pushed into the sand .  

That set up looks good , and one of the coils could also be added to stabilize the rod better.

3 minutes ago, Port_D_Guy said:

Tripod is for fishing off a pier or dock where you can't stake a holder into the ground. This way its versatile for different situations.

That one in your photo has good strong legs .  I have one for my camera with round legs which might work for gobies ....  

Maybe pin the legs with long thin tent pegs or ice fishing 'twist' pegs ?

2 hours ago, Port_D_Guy said:

It would have to be fairly heavy/sturdy. But again, how would you anchor it on a pier? You'd have use a sandbag.

I was thinking camera tripod, but yeah, way too light.

Why not try out some of the carp rod pods?

50F26A22-C01E-4896-9087-DD3A74B16826.jpeg

D40C7D57-5BAB-485E-8B2D-305E6764B10B.jpeg

4 hours ago, Port_D_Guy said:

Especially on say a dock or a pier, when you can't stake the ground.

I was thinking a tripod with a rod holder that is adjustable to fish the tip down or up. What I picture is that your rod is off the ground with

no chance a fish would pull it into the water.

Who in the area would have the best variety of such shore rod holders?

I expect to modify it. I see a lot out there of different styles, but not exact.

Here is kind of the direction I'd go, but its in Australia for surf fishing.

All Products

Can’t say I’ve ever seen anything like this around here but if you find something let us know. I’d like one for catts maybe. 

7 hours ago, Flyfisher said:

Why not attach a rod holder to a folding lawn chair. Buy one with a flip out side table and mount a Scotty rod holder to it. Grab a seat and have your rod beside you as you fish. Light weight and portable. 

If fishing for carp just take a 20 lb.anchor and tie it to the chair . That's a handy dandy idea , I have one of those chairs with the aluminum frame and side table ,and also one with a canopy to keep the sun out .

Here's a snip taken from a video by the chennaifishingclub .  I may keep a bottle of water in my van  , some 50#  line & a carp rig . No rod & reel needed .

Open the bottom as well and put some little bells inside for the alarm . Don't forget the bait !   

chennai bottle fishing.JPG