Vancouver Airport Security check.

Duncan

I am going to do a little venting now .On Monday I returned from a overseas trip and had a layover in Vancouver before arriving at my final destination Toronto. I managed to pack everything into carry on so no checking any luggage . While I was away I was either given or I bought some red dots and scopes from Taobao ( sort of Amazon). 
I knew I was going to be questioned about these when I arrived attheAirport in Shanghai and I fully expected this . And I was questioned and had a nice chat with security and I as on my way , no big deal.

Now I get to Canada and Vancouver and all of a sudden I am a gun smuggler , Terrorist god only knows what else .Security goes crazy my bags are emptied I am searched from head to toes.And there saying I need permission from the airlines to pack scoped in my bag. I have two RCMP officers standing by and it’s just crazy . There is no law that says I can not buy a frigging rifle scope or red dots and I was way under the limit for what I was allowed to bring back with me.

After about half a hour to forty minutes I am then told that one of the optics needs the airlines permission for me to bring with me . It was the red dot with the magnifier in the second picture that apparently is a supposed issue . All the others in the first picture was no problem and I could just pack them up and get on the flight.This was just total bullshit and some excuse to try to justify why I was held up and put through all this .Needless to say at this point my sense of humour was getting a little frayed and if it weren’t for the fact I had a connection to get I would have certainly pursued this B.S . The cops suggested I just mail the one red dot but that meant trying to get to a post office and for something I didn’t even pay for the hassle was not worth it , plus I actually have the same thing I had put in a container that ships next week.

China is so strict with there gun policy even airsoft  is not allowed  and yet I had so little trouble compared to gun control in Canada it’s pathetic .

that’s my rant finished with .

A7B328EB-1FD9-4524-B41C-881EA61AC798.jpeg

3E6A9F08-81B5-46EF-9260-2DA1B9872F38.jpeg

I gave it.to one of the RCMP officers because by that time I would have missed my connection due to having to go back to the check in counter . Not a big deal I didn’t pay for it plus I have another one the same that is being shipped to me along with some other red dots . The Manufacturer gave  me a bunch of stuff to try out . A couple of the scopes are also from there and the Apollo scope is from a factory very close to where I am when in China . The factory owners wife is a friend of that particular manufacturer so she had them send that one to me and a couple of others that are being shipped along with my regular stuff .

They are very strict at YVR. I brought home a souvenir for someone and it was an Inukshuk made of stones. They thought I was smuggling rocks from the beach and they emptied all of the contents of my carry-on and I had to sit there organizing everything again so it would fit.  

It was ridiculous! lol

I heard Vancover is the gateway for "importing" drugs into Canada , like fentanal coming from China since it's just across the pond.....

It's been many years since I crossed the border , last time was a flight to West Palm Beach , then drove to Ft. Lauderdale....( no fishing)