Wally Shopping Grrrr !

smerchly

I do the grocery shopping now and I have little patience when waiting to cash out . It took me 30 min.to get all the food ,etc.and there were only 2 checkouts open with several 

people with loaded carts . The people ahead of me had a huge load stacked high and under their cart . I would have to wait 20 minutes at least to check out then bag my stuff (in my own bags) I got pissed and proceeded to pass the line up , grabbed my empty bags and started to head out the door leaving my $165 worth in the cart .

Then a lady asked me if I needed help ! I said I was just leaving and I will not wait in that line. She told me to come to the next checkout and opened it up for me .....three more people followed . I told her that I will not return and said this store wants to force us to use the self checkout ,and the guy behind me said "You are right about that" The younger people don't mind using it as they like the new technology . Many older folk prefer the old way of using cash , having them bag our stuff ,not rush us through . The Super Store is close by and they have a double conveyer which allows us to take our time packing .

So Wally ....it's been nice to know ya , adios Amigos . 

2 hours ago, Port_D_Guy said:

That's why I give a 1 star rating at the end of doing my "self check-out".

I heard that the self checkouts are losing money as people don't scan every item and it is easy to steal high priced items like steak .

I saw Dawn dish soap on sale for $1.96 , so I bought two . When I checked my bill at home they were  $5.97 each !  ....take them back ? Nope ! I am done with them .

I want my wife to get her drivers license to free up more FISHING time for me . She was on the phone yesterday 3 times to no avail . She called them today and after 17 times "someome will be with you soon" she finally got a human to answer . She now has a test appointment for Oct. 24 and might have her temp.license by the time ICE FISHING starts .

They also told her they are discontinuing on-line service !  We had better government service 50 years ago using the old dial phones.

After my last Wally episode while getting groceries she decided it may be better for her to get our food . lol  I may have a longer drive now but I'll burn the gas before I end up behind bars !  (polishing up the ice rods)    :Gonefishing: