Shoreline

519crankin

Hi members. I'm not looking for any of your "Honey Holes". I'm just looking for a place to fish on shore in the Bronte/St Catharines region (or anywhere on Lake Ontario shoreline) to fish for salmon. I'm coming up from the Windsor area, late evening/early night this coming Saturday. Also, can I park anywhere without worrying about getting a ticket?

3 hours ago, 519crankin said:

Hi members. I'm not looking for any of your "Honey Holes". I'm just looking for a place to fish on shore in the Bronte/St Catharines region (or anywhere on Lake Ontario shoreline) to fish for salmon. I'm coming up from the Windsor area, late evening/early night this coming Saturday. Also, can I park anywhere without worrying about getting a ticket?

I don’t think you’ll find much more than what I told ya. I think I told ya every spot from bronte to Dalhousie. If you wanna travel more east or south I can give you a few more places to fish. 
 Bring the yak and get away from the circus on the piers :)

looking forward to your report 

3 hours ago, 519crankin said:

Is saugeen closer for you?

I wish I could bring the kayak. Unfortunately I can only fish from Sat evening and throughout the night. I'll only kayak during daylight hours as I'm not yet rigged for night time, and I'm almost positive I won't last until sunrise. looks like Saugeen is about the same distance from me.

Thanks Tyler

If you can bring your kayak, go to Bronte Harbour with your spoon or J13. It's prime time there now.

I hardly skunked at sunrise and sunset time.

From the end of September, all the shoreline including Jordan harbour, Port Dalhousie, and Niagara river is prime time. After mid October through November, you will meet zombie salmons which is not enjoyable to hook.

2 hours ago, iscoDisco said:

If you can bring your kayak, go to Bronte Harbour with your spoon or J13. It's prime time there now.

I hardly skunked at sunrise and sunset time.

From the end of September, all the shoreline including Jordan harbour, Port Dalhousie, and Niagara river is prime time. After mid October through November, you will meet zombie salmons which is not enjoyable to hook.

Thanks iscoDisco

On 9/14/2023 at 6:01 AM, 519crankin said:

How was fishing?

Congrats Tyler , that is a NICE chinny !   I hear they put out a great fight .(almost as good as a carp) , but a little better eating......   B)

While visiting my sis yesterday I checked out the 12 , just around the corner , and I see the water was still very low and clear .

As was stated , a good time to toss some lures or corn .