Satellite images question

Radio

Does anyone know a good website which shows the satellite image of the great lakes (niagara river)? The NOAA modis satellite website seems to have changed their format and I am struggling to figure out how to use it properly. Thanks in advance.

5 hours ago, Radio said:

Unfortunately that website isn't working for me... only shows up to 2015... 

That's strange , my OLD P.C. is still on Windows 7  (Google Chrome)  and I had no prob. using that link .

Here is a photo that I snipped to my desktop of todays sat. shot .

....It takes me 15 min.to access google after clicking my monitor off/on 50 to 90 times   and resetting the clock every hour  :wall: ....newer P.C. soon with Windows 10.....  :santa:

L.Ont.NOAA.JPG

1 hour ago, smerchly said:

That's strange , my OLD P.C. is still on Windows 7  (Google Chrome)  and I had no prob. using that link .

Here is a photo that I snipped to my desktop of todays sat. shot .

....It takes me 15 min.to access google after clicking my monitor off/on 50 to 90 times   and resetting the clock every hour  :wall: ....newer P.C. soon with Windows 10.....  :santa:

L.Ont.NOAA.JPG

Works for me also 

• 3 weeks later...

If you're looking for historical imagery go to the regions website and use Niagara Navigator. It has areal photography as far back as 1934 and depending on what your looking for some areas have clearer pictures in different years due to the wind. I have spotted many shipwrecks using this site as well as a car that's still at the mouth of the flight locks in Thorold. I wonder if there's still a skeleton in there 

I also use Niagara Navigator , nice to see the old locks , old Jordan  before the QEW was built , and the canal behind downtown St.Catharines ,etc.

Using these maps I also found the old hidden  cribs under shorelines at Martindale Ponds . It would not be great carp fishing near them ! Those old photos were taken by aircraft and pieced together .  I checked out my house when built in 1955 with nothing but farmland front and back ....