Elk or deer in St. Catharines?

Nancy captured this on dash cam on our way home from work today. St. Catherine's hospital. This is going down 4th Avenue towards 3rd Street. I did report to m&r and will notify OFAH tomorrow. There's a wild game farm about a mile away on regional Road 81 called Lakeland meats. I thought they got rid of all their animals and I know they used to have wild boar and I really hope if they still have any they did not escape also! If you have rumble, please be sure to give the video a like. It's a no censorship platform so I'd love to see it take off and we all say goodbye to YouTube. 

https://rumble.com/v4akxfc-caribou-in-st-catharines.html

1 hour ago, Dan Andrews said:

Nancy captured this on dash cam on our way home from work today. St. Catherine's hospital. This is going down 4th Avenue towards 3rd Street. I did report to m&r and will notify OFAH tomorrow. There's a wild game farm about a mile away on regional Road 81 called Lakeland meats. I thought they got rid of all their animals and I know they used to have wild boar and I really hope if they still have any they did not escape also! If you have rumble, please be sure to give the video a like. It's a no censorship platform so I'd love to see it take off and we all say goodbye to YouTube. 

https://rumble.com/v4akxfc-caribou-in-st-catharines.html

Look like elk to me but I’m no expert 

They certainly have the light coloured rump patches typical for elk.

Must be game farm escapees.

i just did a google search, and Lakeland Meats (1226 St pPaul St w) states that they have a herd of 20 female red deer/elk hybrid animals…must be 2 of them that escaped.

You should contact them with that video.

I had to check the photo I posted of the 'deer' in a field at the back of the hospital . They were only about 500 meters north of Lakeland meats . I live about 1 km. from there 

They probably butcher on the premises .....

Lake Land Meat at bottom of map and red dot is where I saw the deer south of the hospital . I haven't seen any since & I drive there often .

Lake Land.jpg

3 hours ago, genec said:

They certainly have the light coloured rump patches typical for elk.

Must be game farm escapees.

i just did a google search, and Lakeland Meats (1226 St pPaul St w) states that they have a herd of 20 female red deer/elk hybrid animals…must be 2 of them that escaped.

You should contact them with that video.

Yeah I'll give him a call again today when they open. By the time I saw the video they were well passed hours and they don't open until 11:00 a.m.

Yes indeed Lakeland were missing 2 elk as if that afternoon. She said she didn't know why they left because they had 2 young they left behind. With that explanation I asked if she had any wild boar on the property. You know just in case they "decided" to leave also. No pigs there fortunately 

• 4 weeks later...