is the upper fishable?

Smitty

still ice coming through, from looking down the road from my place today, river looks like it's cleaning up and most of the ice seems to be state side, will have a look in the morning again

Was down to the marina yesterday and it's now encased in ice as well as trecherous. No way to land a fish really and surprisingly the water was filthy. I remember thinking of the 39 degrees Joe M spoke of at which point water drops its sediment. didn't happen yet!

She's got chunk ice in th shallows runs and te deep stuff is still funneling shore ice I'd wait until after the weekend when the wind finally shuts down. Lake Erie is frozen good and solid we shoud be on maybe even this weekend :lol:

Was looking at the latest satelite modis imagary and its hard to tell if the whole lake is frozen over. If it is, the winds won't mix the lake up so much and we'll have a clear river. Are Feb and March good Rainbow fishing months or does it improve in April when temps get up around 40 degrees F.

Sorry, read further down and ran into the Lake Erie freezing over thread. Looks like the deep freeze is doing its job and putting a cap on the whole lake.

Erie looks like it's froze over at the east end from shore to shore . Got a little glimpse today when the sun came out .......But with those strong SW winds , maybe it's busted up some .........

l.erie%20ice.jpg

Archived