Trout through the ice..

durkin09

Guest canadadude

Cleo's and a sweedish pimple type lure Fish-jigger there like a Diamond shape spoon made by sweedish pimple!! Try even a row bag trailer under a spoon,take the treble off a spoon and run a short lead to a roe bag!! Live shinners are good to,but don't fish them right on bottom try around 2' up!! Most of the Browns I've hooked up with have been cruising off bottom :Gonefishing:

Most browns I have heard about or seen caught through the ice at Jordan have been incidental catches on live minnows while perching . Rods have disappeared down the holes there a few times ......either a big trout or pike , so you need to be on the alert !

I guess you will be fishing the derby that your dad's work fishing club is running. (I work their also and reconise your name) The best baits are large emerald shiners (3-4") and roe. I've caught quite a few Browns down their thru the ice on Chartreuse trout bags. When fishing roe you have to be quick to set the hook as they drop the bait pretty quick. Good Luck.

Yeah definitely the suggestions given above are good for rainbows and browns through the ice, big shiners and roe bags under a tip up...make sure you use big roe bags like a quarter or loonie sized...this has always proven to be the best tactic for me. Also try jigging micro tubes or spoons....everything is game just give it a shot.

I guess you will be fishing the derby that your dad's work fishing club is running. (I work their also and reconise your name)

Hey Barry, yeah I'm plannin' on entering the derby down there. Hopefully there is a good turn out. Thanks for the advice and will definately post on how it went. Cheers,

Durk

Archived