Port D

snoryder

So last week I fished it for my first time. I think I was on the south side, as I looked across near the walk bridge, I saw a few guys fishing the little bay. What do you guys get in there? Same thing as the main flow. Water looks a lot calmer so are you guys using slip floats in there?

Thanks

Guest BoSmith

I saw two nice 1lbers caught out of that area a week or so ago. They were the perfect size for the tabel if you into keeping them. They were got on roe under a float. Everyone fishing the main flow, including myself got nothing. B)

I need an honest answer, I've heard the fishing is good on the Niagara and Port D but when does it start? Is it just a bad year. I've only started fishing this side for about 2 weeks, one weekend niagara and the next weekend was Port D. So far it hasn't been good. I've hooked into fish but nothing crazy. I may give it one more shot this weekend, or back to my usual springtime routine out east and north.

Even some of my friends have told me the action is good, but I'll let them know the next time I bump into them.

Tx

Snoryder: Fishing Port is spending time there and knowing how the currents work, you have to look for the breaks cast up stream and make sure you are touching and bouncing on bottom. The only way you will get fish is fish it and watch.You will have to adjust your lead for the right wheight ,to heavy you will get snagged,to light and you will drift right over them. They are always there once you get it right your arms will be sore. I have not been down for a bit but stoped by on thurs, made 4 casts and had a nice little bow on. When the minnows are hugging the shore the bows and browns will be hitting. Usually the smaller fish come in first then the bigger males will come in and chase everything out then the females will come in along with the males. All this will take place with a water temp change buy 2 to 4 degrees,this week should see some fish in but with the colder temps comming back it may screw things up a bit. Remember read the water try everything in baits and you will get fish once you get what they want. It will not be long and YE-OLD-CATFISH will be bangen the biggens. I guess I should change my avatar Port Bows by the Port Possie Pres.

Thats cool, I'm not discouraged by the place at all, my last and first time out at Dal I banged a couple of fish in a couple of hours. So I know whatever I'm doing is working. Its just I can be fishing somewhere else and bangin fish, thats all. I'll be out tomorrow anyways. Thanks for the heads up!

Lots of trout to be caught in Port. Lots of us have done well over the winter there.

As Catfish says, you need to put in time and learn the various drifts. Most guys there

will answer your questions.

Some will talk your head off :rolleyes:

B)

Thats cool, I'm not discouraged by the place at all, my last and first time out at Dal I banged a couple of fish in a couple of hours. So I know whatever I'm doing is working. Its just I can be fishing somewhere else and bangin fish, thats all. I'll be out tomorrow anyways. Thanks for the heads up!

A couple Trout in a couple hours from shore and that's not good enough??? You're really going to be upset when you're there elbow to elbow with ten others and no one catches anything then :Gonefishing: . I'd take one guaranteed every hour in a heartbeat. Btw, where is the spot you bang them better that Port??

As of now, I'm looking for numbers and the eastern tribs is where I would be, ganny, cobourg etc... up north the sound is just beginning as well as the other tribs that are fishable.

So far I haven't seen shoulder to shoulder and that will definately steer me away.

Well see ya guys out there, leaving right now.

tightlines

Archived