T G I F

packrat

might be going out for a putter and a scout in my little boat in a little while today, then helping Cliff, and fishing with my daughter at the kids derby tommorrow, then getting in some more fishin possibly scoping out a couple more fishing holes Sunday evening. :D:)

Sherkston with the kids on Saturday.

Sunday i will be fishing a salmon derby out of jordan harbour, it's the opening derby for the Canadian Toonie Tournament Series. (www.ctts.ca)

Guest cplummer

First time piking for Saturday.....Sunday....haven't decided.

why not skip piking for one day Tom and come to Bradley's heart and stroke derby ?? it's for heart and stroke and i could use an extra hand.....you guys were friends right?? the kids always need good advice and coaching!!

cliff...

To answer Tom C's question, I got my little 14 foot tinner out this afternoon for a the first little run for the season, and to see how the motor works and stuff, as part of my things to do on the weekend, knock number one off :) ...the Canadian side is pretty free of ice..we popped it in and check out around a couple creek mouths and stuff, just as a little goof around scouting mission from the boat..only had like an hour and a half to goof around, I just wanted to scope out some spots for pike fishin...was still a ball just to putter around in the little tinner on a sunny day...gotta love those boats for that.

so if you are planning on getting the boat out on the Canadian side, you look pretty good from say down by Black Creek, all the way up into Fort Erie :D only the odd cunks of ice on our side as of like an hour or so ago...lots on the US side

Sherkston with the kids on Saturday.

Sunday i will be fishing a salmon derby out of jordan harbour, it's the opening derby for the Canadian Toonie Tournament Series. (www.ctts.ca)

Salmon? , Isn't it trout season in Jordan, or did I miss them again this year.

i was out looking for salmon with steve on friday

man does this guy fish hard !!! great boat , great

equipment . and the best of company :dunno:

jordan was the place to be yesterday , and what

a beautiful day to spend on the water :lol:

now its perch time :unsure:

well my 3 missions got accomplished for the weekend

Friday, got the little boat on a trailer and out for the first test run for the year, scoped out some future pikin grounds

Saturday, had a fun day at the kids fishing derby with my little one

Sunday, set out to do some pikin, and we had some decent action

;):lol:

What a glorious weekend. Bluebird skies just slow down the bite. On another positive, took 3 neighbourhood squirts out for their first ever fishing outing. The sunfish did not disappoint them. 2 hours of bluegills and a weinie roast and they can't wait to go out again. Just have to stand 10 yards away when they try casting :lol:

Barbless hooks Bruce ! :D I think we used "safety" pins when we were kids :rolleyes: . Places like the rec.canal & the Welland river should keep the little tykes interested .....lots of pannies in there ......and the chance of a big cat , carp , or pike cruising along to make it interesting ! :) Jeetmuck (where's Jeets ) ?.....put me on to the circle hooks & they keep the fish on the hook after crimping the barb .It's been slow on the bite in most spots I've tried for the last week or more.......but the warm spell should get their jaws snappin ! Great to see the little ones having fun Bigug. :worthy:

Archived