Forest fires

It's not even summer yet , but the fires have started . Thousands of acres are burning in the Thunder Bay area . One of the consequences of a dry summer (global warming) is that we ,as fishermen & hunters must be extra careful while fishing /camping in the forests . We can't do much about the lightening starting fires but we can be vigilant about our camp sites etc . I checked out the NOAA for L.Superior and found this shot from 2 days ago .... You can see the fires from the satelite shot as long as the sky is clear .It may look small , but it covers a large area .

TBay%20fire.JPG

It takes very little to get a burn started. Once the undergrowth and groundcover goes dry it only takes one spark. Used to be lots of brush fires from cigarettes tossed out of car windows along the highways It takes a lot of resources to put them out, and lots of people are put at risk.

for some strange reason , it's "acceptable" ?/ :blink: to toss butts out the window of vehicles ....but not a Timmies cup ? :D ....Man , have we regressed over the years ......

Tom , I find it hard to accept that a butt is biodegradable . That filter is full of toxins plus human saliva (spit) and I will pick up a Timmies cup & toss in the garbage but not someones butt . Millions of butts are tossed everyday and realy don't look very nice all over the ground . There must have been 1000 of them on the ground at the entrance to the medical center on Pelham Rd.with containers provided for them next to the doors . Many people throw the empty packages on the roads too , but that is less offending to me than the stinking butts. Can you tell I don't smoke ? :D

Archived