Jordan Hrbr

Been down to the mouth of the hrbr and what a mess. There is garbage in every direction. I realize that this junk is not left by serious anglers, but a lot of this crap is ending up in the lake. I brought out two full bags of bottles and cans and did not make a dent. People of this nature should get dinged by the Ministry, but it's difficult catching them in the act.

I posted a picture about 6-7 months ago I took close to the tall ship where cars park either to fish or to dump garbage . It's another easy access spot which makes it easy to dump at night or daytime .Maybe someday , there will be cameras everywhere & it will make dumping a chore....... :Gonefishing:

For the most part it is "fishing" trash. Beer,pop, water bottles, worm tubs,etc..

It was reported to the NRP last fall.

Amazes me why people leave pop and beer cans behind etc... save enough of them you'll get a good buck from the metal scrap yard.

Maybe recycling centres oughta be placed at marinas etc if they aren't already there.

Over the years, pop cans have paid for camping gear and fees for scouting; two teen fishing trips; 40 kids fishing combo; and the odd case of beer. :Gonefishing:

Not bad for garbage. Pity I can't do the same with all the poly bottles.

I agree all that garbage is disgusting, I have been preaching to my 3 boys for years that we take all garbage out that we brought in. It gets difficult to teach these young lads when they look around and all they see is trash , mainly fishing trash, bottles , cans, worm containers , hook packets etc etc etc etc. Well if we all do our own part, then eventually enough people will get the hint to do their part and hopefully it won't be like this for the next generation.

I'm just starting on the next generation. Hopefully they learn better than the last bunch, or get totally disgusted by what they see.

My daughter gets embarrassed when I pull my garbage claw and bag out of the trunk. She still does'nt understand the need to pitch in and clean up.

Archived