How well do you know Niagara?

Beaverdams rd., close to the 406, right hand side, heading away from thorold towards brock golf... :blink: what i win :D

Nope

Looks like Niagara River water near the brink of the falls and the generating plant intake....... B)
Nope
Looks like my toilet bowl, right down to the hazard sign :lol:

Edit: the water's too clean :P

Awe...................nope :)

There are two auquaducts Johnny. The one in Port Robinson allows the Welland River to flow under the Welland Canal. The auquaduct I have in the pictures is where the Welland River flows beneath the old recreational canal. The vortex is just north of the new octagon wheelchair accessible docks built by a few of our boys a couple years back. You have to cross the above bridge to get on Merit Island.

Both these auquaducts are plugged full of cars and debris and are considered fish barriers. The only research I've heard about so far that proved otherwise was when they dropped some tagged suckers upstream and they made it through. Right now this walleye stocking news has an exciting twist but I can't seem to get a straight answer as to whether our walleye have passed through or not. We were disallowed to stock our target waters in Port Davidson for the last 2 years due to VHS. I was able to convince them to let us stock the Lower side (which should be happening right now at this minute) just to keep the volunteers in tact. They agreed that if those fish could pass upward then the upper reaches were not really VHS negative anyway. Recently we received news our fish have been found throughout the entire system but I haven't been told if the upper or lower released strains have been found in opposite sections or not.

The last time I fished the downstream outlet of this aquaduct above, I kept getting tangled in something while trying to hook minnows for bait. It felt like brittle weeds when I pulled out but my swim bait came up clean. That's until I took a closer look. There was human hair on the hooks. In hind site I guess I should have called and reported my find but with a sewer outlet right there you never know what your going to hook in there!

One of my nightmares is getting sucked under the aquaduct.........................im my other nightmare im getting attacked by midget clowns.

The weir at lock 6 is a dangerous place . We use to fish from the rocks there , mostly pan fish & cats & sheephead & the odd pike . I've seen it drained out for the winter ....very steep banks ! We called the lake (weir) ...Lake Louise. Below the weir was popular for summer fishing (partying) and pike fishing in several locations .And the ever popular Ghost Tunnel was nearby which we have used to duck heavy rains .And there was a good trout stream , stocked with browns below the weir which ran all the way out past Glendale Ave to the other weir north of Glendale .Today that stream is called.....Haulage Rd. !

Another great video Dan.

Been to the various spots mentioned in the last video. I have seen people swimming in the water as well.

Really makes no sense. Perhaps the kids swimming there don't realize the dangers, and those places can be

very dangerous.

My dad was telling me about the time when he went swimming in the trent river in the 70s or 80s and they were swimming by a dam and he got caught in the undertow he said it was really scary.

Another great video Dan.

Been to the various spots mentioned in the last video. I have seen people swimming in the water as well.

Really makes no sense. Perhaps the kids swimming there don't realize the dangers, and those places can be

very dangerous.

I've posted that one 3 or 4 times before but we have some new youth on the board since the last time. Always good to make sure everyone knows what the dangers are. Like the video sais. Those vortexes "LOOK" innocent.

Archived