Live Camera Feed Of A Bald Eagle On Nest

ogliq2

Thanks for the link ......great quality on that cam at full screen size . I booked it & will keep checking it out to see the chicks grow . Ma nature at her finest !! :thx:

I was lucky earlier today to see the "changing of the guard". The big male landed and the female took off, then he re-arranged the eggs and settled in. Whoever controls the camera was panning around the countryside too. there's a road not too far away, and a farm a little way down the road, and a river right beside the nesting tree. the camera is so high-res that he focused on a sparrow sitting on a wire to the barn and zoomed right in on it. About a mile or so away, the sparrow looked like 4-5 feet away.

I was lucky earlier today to see the "changing of the guard". The big male landed and the female took off, then he re-arranged the eggs and settled in. Whoever controls the camera was panning around the countryside too. there's a road not too far away, and a farm a little way down the road, and a river right beside the nesting tree. the camera is so high-res that he focused on a sparrow sitting on a wire to the barn and zoomed right in on it. About a mile or so away, the sparrow looked like 4-5 feet away.

Yeah... I must have been tuned in at the same time.

I found a spot this past weekend where I hunt that has a pine tree with 3 owls. Two flew away and the third sat looking at me for several minutes only about 15 ft from me. Very cool. I had seen them fly from there before and was showing a friend. Judging by the amount of owl pellets beneath the tree they must always roost there.

• 2 weeks later...

The eggs are hatching today seen a glimpse of one of the little eagles breaking out of the shelll the other two eggs haven't hatched yet i dont think.. they are in the back so its kinda hard to see when i mom stands up..

Two eggs hatched , took this photo from my screen this morning ...........

SAM_0683.JPG

I'm sure there's a reason for blurring the chicks on the thread .....notice the egg shaped blur ?

We had snow on the ground here this morning . I looked at the eagle cam & there was the eagle surrounded by snow which tells me they got snow there as well . Then the screen went black for a minute & resumed with the eagle again in the nest, but with no snow .... :dunno: something is amiss ......maybe there is another eagle cam ?

here's the first shot .......with snow

SAM_0686.JPG

and a few minutes later , this shot .......

SAM_0690.JPG

The fish looks like a crappie ......or is it a gill ? :)

I think you caught it when the camera as down. They were steaming a replay from last month. The snow disappeared when the live feed returned.

Three eaglets hatched. So far they have brought 3 fish, a squirrel, a rabbit, and some sort of bird for lunch.

Ah , so that's what happened ......thanks Chris , I was thinking they had another cam somewhere and I was checking out the layout of the branches for a comparison , ha ha ! Those little chicks are eating better than I am !

'Chris Botari' . So far they have brought 3 fish, a squirrel, a rabbit, and some sort of bird for lunch.

Squirrel & rabbit .........I didn't know they liked fast food :unsure: . I noticed the flies are having a feast also , must smell a little ripe up there !

I was watching this morning around 9:30 when the camera started panning around on the nest's surroundings. I haven't watched the feed a lot, and I've always imagined the nest to be much higher than it actually is. I also thought there was a lake almost directly below, which actually turned out to be grass. The nest is right next to a farm with a couple nice horses on it. I also noticed breakfast had been served. Not exactly sure what kind of fish is lying in there, but I was lucky enough to get some good screenshots. I think the cameraperson was also curious as to the species of fish. My guess is a carp, but here are the screenshots, so let's see what you guys think.

Wholefish.png

Fishtail.png

Fishanalfin.png

Fishbodycloseup.png

Here is the farm and horses I was talking about:

Farmshot.png

BrownBabyHorses.png

BlackWhiteHorses.png

There is a stream below the nest and a fish hatchery across the road.

The nest is at the red circle. The horse barn is at the very top. The hatchery is at the bottom.

eagles.jpg

Archived