Sad news member charlied has passed

cplummer

Condolences to the family and friends of Charlie..

• 1 month later...

Some positive story of meeting and fishing with charlieD years ago. We were fishing on the US side of Niagara river in the afternoon on my boat. Charlie gave us some pointers on how to drop shot for smallies, where to start the boat to drift towards an island, how deep to start casting our presentation,  and how to properly drop and lift the rod tip to ensure our line were as straight down as possible to adapt to the current that moved our boat. Some of us were casting and retrieving with lures, while Charlie uses drop shot technique. We all landed more than our limits that day. It was the first time I had witness drop shoting technique and how it could out fish cast and retrieve technique at times. Still being a new angler at Niagara river,  I remembered cleary the question I asked Charlie was " What technique tournament anglers predominantly  uses at Niagara river?", He responded . "Many drop shot the whole day, doing the same thing and allowing the boat to drift these productive areas, over and over again." 

This news of CharlieD passing away was a surprise for me as for everyone, How time flies and life is shorter then we all could imagine!  

Archived