Summertime carpin

Tyler0420

Fished today from 11-3 with no luck but I did get the biggest run ever...this thing hit like a freight train and didn’t stop till my weight got jammed in some rocks and snapped my hair rig. When I turned the handle to ingage my drag the thing didn’t slow down.  Usually you get some head shakes. Had to of peeled almost 100m of line off. Never seen that much line off my reel before not even salmon fishing.  So that was the highlight of that session. Hopefully better luck but tomorrow. 

No fish were caught during the night and early morning. Two fish caught around 10am one was 32lbs.  Of course before I got there.  

Wow, what might have been eh Tyler?  Oh well you can't beat yourself up over it( It sounds like you aren't anyway ), because I don't think there's anything you could have done differently.

Nice part is, you got it right, and got the take.

Saturday 11am-3pm=skunk

sunday 10am-5pm=skunk

monday 10am-720pm=skunk

One guy was catching fish 250m off shore.  Paddling out in a dingy, chumming/ drop bait then paddle back. Did this all weekend long. 

hopefully get out for some evening/night outings this week. 

:skunk::skunk::skunk:    ???       Someting wong here Tyler ......the carp seem to be in sleep mode ,  or water conditions are not good for dining on your offerings .

I am missing my carp fishing .....water conditions here are nor good for any fishing ...algae , warm water temps.  brackish water colour....

August is usually not a good month for fishing .....hope they turn on soon Ty......:Gonefishing:

• 3 weeks later...

Somtink is going on out there Tyler .....  I've heard other reports that  not only the carp fishing is bad but other fish as well .  I  am back in the banana belt ( what a ride back with bumper to bumper traffic )  It  was a pleasure to ride the 407  at 115 km in cruise .....the qew is just nuts !

I have some yard work to catch up ....can believe how much our young sunburst locust tree has grown in 2 months ! As the weather cools I'm hoping the carp will start stuffing themselves silly ....I have a few spots to try from Gibby  to Jordan , and thinking deeper water will produce.

I was looking for you when going over the skyway today ,about 4 pm .

20 minutes ago, smerchly said:

Somtink is going on out there Tyler .....  I've heard other reports that  not only the carp fishing is bad but other fish as well .  I  am back in the banana belt ( what a ride back with bumper to bumper traffic )  It  was a pleasure to ride the 407  at 115 km in cruise .....the qew is just nuts !

I have some yard work to catch up ....can believe how much our young sunburst locust tree has grown in 2 months ! As the weather cools I'm hoping the carp will start stuffing themselves silly ....I have a few spots to try from Gibby  to Jordan , and thinking deeper water will produce.

I was looking for you when going over the skyway today ,about 4 pm .

4:00 I was packing up on the pier.  Looking forward to when the fish start biting again. 

Not a complete skunk, though, right Tyler.  You banked that one fish in your photo collection, yes?  

Keep your spirits up.  No outing is a bad outing.  I've been busy for a few weeks now and haven't had the chance to get out myself, so I envy even your skunked outings!!

1 minute ago, Mike Pike said:

Not a complete skunk, though, right Tyler.  You banked that one fish in your photo collection, yes?  

Keep your spirits up.  No outing is a bad outing.  I've been busy for a few weeks now and haven't had the chance to get out myself, so I envy even your skunked outings!!

Ya I caught that one. 2lbs

At least you got your first mirror this year . Some never have the pleasure of hooking one of those rarities  ...

I have a terrible itch to get out there with that 12' rod and try my luck ....  supposed to get some rain soon which will help me pull up some 6' weeds and clean the boat and van from spider webs , and power wash the whole boat from dried algae . 

So nice to have my home pc back ....hope to download many pictures & get some prints made of the nice shots .

2 minutes ago, smerchly said:

At least you got your first mirror this year . Some never have the pleasure of hooking one of those rarities  ...

I have a terrible itch to get out there with that 12' rod and try my luck ....  supposed to get some rain soon which will help me pull up some 6' weeds and clean the boat and van from spider webs , and power wash the whole boat from dried algae . 

So nice to have my home pc back ....hope to download many pictures & get some prints made of the nice shots .

Looking forward to the pics. 

• 4 weeks later...

A little too hot for this thin skinned old timer Tyler ....been working on my van to "try" to fix the back Dutch door hatch that won't open most times ....got it apart but can see anything wrong ...will be going in the shop soon....I need it to open for all my fishing gear ....using side door now....

Hope you get into those big ones in there Tyler ! 

Bill, did you take the rear handle off along with the 10mm bolts and trim for a look see ? A lot of times one of the two bars attached to the actuator has come loose or off, and is an easy fix, by snapping the bar back in place. That's probably one of the things a shop will do, after they check the wiring.

Left the harbour after 4 hours of no fish in sight and went back to my local spot. Same story as always catch a fish 15min before I have to leave. Wish I could stay out forever. Set my camera up on a timer and pick the fish up and it flops right back in the drink. Nice fish for the water I was fishing about 8-10lbs. Somehow got a pic of it in the net though. 

76E1C7FC-D70D-4CB1-84E4-408ED3C73B16.png

WTG Tyler ....sounds like my last carp outing ....tried one spot & nothing happening & moved to another where I got a sicko carp . It's a bit of a chore relocating but sometimes pays off .

Dan.....did all that , lubricated every thing that moved , closed the hatch & now it's stuck , some parts move when actuated...calling the shop now.....may put a damper on the fishing for a few days......

Archived