Saturday April 11

fredfisher

Got out for a few hours yester..beauty day! Targeting cats but hooked up with this 30” rocket.

Running little red manure pile worms and a couple dews. Didn’t have a scale! It was thick...any idea on the weight? I guess it at twenty pounds...?

FF

67B50132-FCB3-4E28-A8F8-0A002BF272E8.jpeg

A2EE3DF8-9AB0-4586-8FB9-1B59440C3A04.jpeg

You bugger Fred !    Us carp guys will be in a flap !  I have used worms for channel cats lately  and not a sniff , but lots of bullheads . 

Hope that carp gave you a tough time .....there's hope for us yet !

1 hour ago, pauly said:

I miss carp. Well done. 

I miss a lot of them Paul   :lol: 

But I am armed with some worms now ....took me 5 minutes to grab 25 tonight .

Could easily get 1000 if I needed some extra cash ! Grass is loaded tonight !

worms  april 12.jpg

7 hours ago, smerchly said:

worms  april 12.jpg

Don't forget to throw some in your gardens

2 hours ago, мормышка said:

Don't forget to throw some in your gardens

I grassed over my gardens 2 years ago M. because we were spending the summer at Camp Grenada . The birds built a huge nest in the eaves trough , plugging up the downspout while we vacationed  . I have re-installed my 2 water barrels , and will dig up a couple spots this year for vegetables .  Gardening , in a way , is like fishing .....good for the body and mind ....with a "reward" at the end !

35 minutes ago, smerchly said:

I grassed over my gardens 2 years ago M. because we were spending the summer at Camp Grenada . The birds built a huge nest in the eaves trough , plugging up the downspout while we vacationed  . I have re-installed my 2 water barrels , and will dig up a couple spots this year for vegetables .  Gardening , in a way , is like fishing .....good for the body and mind ....with a "reward" at the end !

Gardening is very involving and rewarding. Mistakes will be made, but that is how we learn. I started last year for first time. Just have to dig up more grass areas for more places to plant crop, herbs, and keeping in mind of supporting the beneficial insects, like bees. 

12 hours ago, smerchly said:

worms  april 12.jpg

It's funny how worms seem to be more plentiful in some yards than others. I grew up next door to my grandparents, their yard was a worm pickers dream. Across the fence in our yard, hardly any.

I don't use any chemicals on my grass , maybe some fertilizers and weed killers will kill worms also . Worms are a natural aerator and their castings fertilize the soil . We have  clay based soil in this area which holds moisture longer than sandy soil.

I now use a head lamp to keep both hands free ,but not too bright as they will disappear fast ....also walk softly as the vibration will spook them .  My little 7 year old neighbour  is an "expert" worm picker and he loves fishing ....need to get him on a carp run ! :Gonefishing:

Archived