Port Maitland

Captain Hooksets

1 hour ago, Captain Hooksets said:

Arrived at port maitland launch today at 640. Parking lot full, road parking full, side streets full, people all over the wall, park full of people....200+ people on the pier. Was there something going on today or is this the summer weekend nonsense? 

Summer weekend nonsense! Lol . I pretty much avoid the launch on wknds in July and august. Especially a calm day. Everyone and there brother is going out

As said already....

I avoid Port Maitland at all costs on weekends.  Even through the week the place is a disaster.  The boat launch has room for 3 boats max and there is always one parked at the dock being repaired.

Sat on Thursday and watched the launch for about 15 minutes with kids.  One guy backed his trailer into the launch wall.  One guy jumped the line and backed his boat into another.  Everyone was rushing so much trying to get off the dock before someone hit their boat.

I live in Dunnville and the only thing Port Maintland launch and pier are good for is viral videos.

I just have missed the thread that mentioned to stay away from the launch on weekends. I hadn’t been there for over a year.  Not only was I surprised to see so many boats but the amount of people on shore and the pier was astonishing. People had picnics already set up ....before 7am!!!  

I went somewhere else, 15 minute drive Down the road - not a soul at the launch that I used . 

Coming from out of town, I won’t entertain the idea of going to that launch ever again. 

Lots of issues with Port Maitland. It's becoming a resident vs. non-resident thing since there is a lot of frustration from local residents who can't use the facilities because of the influx of visitors. I know it's been brought up at Council already and isn't going away. I hear buses are dropping off large families early in the morning.

With the extra visitors also comes extra problems, like garbage and apparently human feces on the ground.

It would not surprise me to see something implemented in the future to curb this activity. It would be one thing if the local economy saw a surge visitors, but that isn't the case.

This is definitely a powder keg situation and with COVID impacting everyone's activities, it has just been worse this year.

I'm avoiding that place like the plague. No pun intended.

Crystal beach has been a zoo too, coming in from fishing since it got hot out.   Not bad launching if you get there before 6.  I had to wait 30 minutes in line to get out the water when i came in at noon the other day. I think more people are going then before corona.  

12 hours ago, Smelt_Fishy said:

Lots of issues with Port Maitland. It's becoming a resident vs. non-resident thing since there is a lot of frustration from local residents who can't use the facilities because of the influx of visitors. I know it's been brought up at Council already and isn't going away. I hear buses are dropping off large families early in the morning.

With the extra visitors also comes extra problems, like garbage and apparently human feces on the ground.

It would not surprise me to see something implemented in the future to curb this activity. It would be one thing if the local economy saw a surge visitors, but that isn't the case.

This is definitely a powder keg situation and with COVID impacting everyone's activities, it has just been worse this year.

I'm avoiding that place like the plague. No pun intended.

Where is everyone coming from that buses are dropping people off? 

8 hours ago, Captain Hooksets said:

Where is everyone coming from that buses are dropping people off? 

Toronto, Mississauga, Burlington, Hamilton.   

Archived