Multi-head

knightfisher

First for me. I plant sunflowers each year, but never had one with five heads.

This plant also has four others heads not open just below the five faces.

Pretty cool in my books.

DSCN4164.JPG

DSCN4165.JPG

DSCN4167.JPG

It looks like a bumper year for many crops , even though we had less rain ....sweet peaches now , corn , and the soy looks good .  I had to water everyday for most veggie plants , but one "lunch box" tomato plant somehow grew from an old seed against my garage in the stones with poor soil under the stones.....largest tomato plant I have seen here !  The tomatoes grow in bunches ,about the size of a small egg & are sweet , clean & firm .  This photo shows the size of them ....and I don't like spiders ...avoid them like the plague , and I never kill them ...good for eating bugs ...didn't see it smiling at me !  

Second picture  is a cannas  leaf which has red blooms 6' in the air ....humming birds love them !

Lunch Box toms.jpg

Cannis  leaf.jpg

On 9/6/2020 at 5:56 PM, smerchly said:

It looks like a bumper year for many crops , even though we had less rain ....sweet peaches now , corn , and the soy looks good .  I had to water everyday for most veggie plants , but one "lunch box" tomato plant somehow grew from an old seed against my garage in the stones with poor soil under the stones.....largest tomato plant I have seen here !  The tomatoes grow in bunches ,about the size of a small egg & are sweet , clean & firm .  This photo shows the size of them ....and I don't like spiders ...avoid them like the plague , and I never kill them ...good for eating bugs ...didn't see it smiling at me !  

Second picture  is a cannas  leaf which has red blooms 6' in the air ....humming birds love them !

Lunch Box toms.jpg

Cannis  leaf.jpg

Lunchbox is a great compact bush tomato. Another favourite retail variety

On 9/4/2020 at 5:49 PM, smerchly said:

Have you been feeding them the same steroids as your other skyward plant ?

You will have plenty of goldfinches dining on the seeds .

Saw the first goldfinch this morning on the sunflower.

There are now 7 faces blooming :)

Archived