Canoe Ramp On Martindale Pond

outdoorrick

After the battle regarding canoeing on Martindale, I understand that a boat ramp was going to be built on Henley Island....when is that supposed to happen...looking forward to fishing the pond for panfish soon as the ice is almost gone...will it be only for canoes and kayaks or will tin boats be allowed....the way I read the NFN site the announcement said BOAT RAMP...here's hoping

Canoe and kayak only.

Will not be wide enough for a tinny.

That was a concern about tinnys and jet skis having access

This is strickly a canoe/kayak launch.

The rowing club would shut it down in a second if anyone is whipping around there with a 9.9.

I do not think they gave in very willingly to allow it to go in, so if they can say IT CREATES A HAZARD ... it would be gone very fast.

does anyone think a canoe with an electric be ok

I use an electric on my conoe all the time....don't see it as an issue as it creates no pollution or wake.

There will be no "ramp" to launch boats . There will be a small narrow path to a small dock for canoes or yaks . And I believe parking will be where we presently park near the Bailey bridge .

Which Bailey bridge? There are several of them. Are you referring to the one crossing the twenty? and they cant say yes to one passive and no to another ill put my tin boat in there but i also have had permission given to me years ago by one of the head rowing coaches from the rowing club!

Rob....the bridge at the Henley Island .....may not be a real Bailey bridge but it's built like one .lol There are also locals who use tinnies in there and some have docks on the 12 Mile , opposite the island .

If we can't park where the new dock will be located , we can unload the gear at the dock & then park about 100 m. to the present parking lot ......not much different than at some marinas . That is the way I understand it ........

Archived