Going Camping/fishing ...

smerchly

As we know the sales of outdoor gear is booming as many have bought rec.vehicles , trailers, boats , tents , etc etc. 

For those who want to pursue the great outdoors this summer , it may be not be easy to find a place to camp ....

You may have to do some research to find a spot at a provincial park as stated in the TO Sun this morning .... (copy/paste)....

They say that campers have made 58,475 reservations in that span this year, up from 29,504 reservations in the same period in 2020.

The agency recommends that campers do their research well in advance of their reservation date becoming available on its website so they can book as early as possible.

They also suggest camping at a less popular park to ensure greater availability for sites.

Algonquin, Killbear, Pinery, Sandbanks and Bon Echo are Ontario’s five busiest provincial parks.

Me and the wife are taking up camping again. Retired last summer,bought a trailer,and are headin north from late june till Aug. We managed to book sites relatively easy,although we are going a bit farther north than most people want to go. Gonna take a break from waiting for the winds on erie to tell me when I'm goin fishin!😁🎣

14 minutes ago, Bubba14 said:

Where were you able to get in Shoemaker? My wife and I are planning a three week trip up around Superior in August/September. We did two weeks up to the Hearst area last year and it was 

20 minutes ago, Bubba14 said:

Where were you able to get in Shoemaker? My wife and I are planning a three week trip up around Superior in August/September. We did two weeks up to the Hearst area last year and it was awesome!

Where did you go last year in the Hearst area??

We did Kap-Kig-Iwan for three nights, Fushimi Lake for nine nights then Marten River for three I believe. Took the canoe but I have since acquired a 12 foot tinnie and a 7.5 Merc. We'd go back to Fushimi in a heartbeat, small park but well kept and clean. We caught fish every time we went out.

28 minutes ago, Bubba14 said:

We did Kap-Kig-Iwan for three nights, Fushimi Lake for nine nights then Marten River for three I believe. Took the canoe but I have since acquired a 12 foot tinnie anwhd a 7.5 Merc. We'd go back to Fushimi in a heartbeat, small park but well kept and clean. We caught fish every time we went out.

Bubba that sounds like my dream when I retire. Trying out different lodges and lakes and fishing them all. Would love to try a fly in one time. They say the fishing is unreal because the pressure on the fish is almost non existent.  

We got our annual trip to welcome lake in algonquin booked already for trout opener. I grabbed a cottage for a week in August aswell. grabbed a site in arrowhead for the family for a week in july aswell. The nice weather cant come soon enough. 

Side note: 2 years of research and going back and forth I think I finally pulled the trigger on my boat.

11 hours ago, Tyler0420 said:

Norton did you give up carp fishing?

Not at all, just been super busy starting up my own company and family and life and what not. Still hoping to hit the banks this spring

As stated earlier,  there will be more people camping , boating , fishing than ever this year . Tackle shops should see more business too   .

On the news today ...bicycles are also in short supply ...a lot of high end bikes sold  also , like $2000  !   . At Walmart tonight  there were only a few bikes on the racks  .  And gas is going  +++ which = more bikes.   

Think I'll be biking more this year  ( runs on methane)   ;)

I believe if you buy a bike, get the best one you can afford and actually test drive it. Nothing worse than getting an "ok" bike and a year later it needs constant attention or getting past an annoyance.

Sounds like people going in more debt (personal and national) considering 9.5% unemployment rate.

With more high end bikes being bought , we will see more thefts . Getting them insured may up your premiums and carry a $500 -1000 deductible ?  My Raleigh 18 speed (manual transmission)  is worth $200 new and is suitable for the short runs I make around the hood and fishing trips .  It's bright red  ...maybe paint it camo !  :)

Archived