Crappies????

boogaloo

Is the run over or has it started yet??? Perhaps I am just trying for them in the wrong places...............................Daniel

These record temperatures have warmed up the water , but still a little early for the aggressive crappie fishing . My grass is loaded with worms tonight... a sign that fish will be on the move , but the warm days will be back to normal this week , nearing freezing at night and +5*C highs .  I used to look for crappies when the trees were in full bud in April .

....just got a shot from my deck of the worms ....could easily get a couple hundred tonight ! 

early worms.jpg

10 hours ago, boogaloo said:

Is the run over or has it started yet??? Perhaps I am just trying for them in the wrong places...............................Daniel

Its been busy at GRT. That's usually the early producing spot. It really all about timing, like with smelt. I'm sure some Welland River spots are good, just have to go try.

Otherwise May is best for my spots.....and are the spots nobody fish. 😉

Any Crappies yet. I was gonna go today but this frikken cold damp weather is playing "he double hockey sticks" with my joints. Gonna stay in with 400 mg ibuprofen and some Voltaren rub and whine a bit more. lol..................Daniel

Archived