Port Maitland

Grant Point

No the yaleye hooligans will go down 30 ft on its own and I also used a yaleye mooneye minnow with a snap on weight after letting out 30 ft. I am new to eye fishing so I've been experimenting with different set ups. Would like to try leadcore one day. The mooneye off the planner board worked good. Fishing with my dad and he's old school and doesn't enjoy all the setups with the dipsydivers and all, hard on the wrist at times.

Congrats Grant Point, does your name tell where you fished and did you fish in shallow.

One thing about fishing body baits you don't have to worry about worms and the mud that goes with them👍😀

Your not missing much fishing with leadcore, it's not a fun way to reel-in a fish, so I've been told, it's about the same thing as winching your boat onto the trailer.😓🤪😀

Hey Fish Farmer that is exactly where I live. Just started trolling  west of grants at the next point closr to shore and trolled straight out staying in 25ft 30ft of water. Was out again today, marked lots of fish suspended but just washed the lures. Thanks for the tip on the leadcore, I don't need anymore headaches then I have now getting lines out. See you out there green lund tiller.

3 hours ago, Grant Point said:

Hey Fish Farmer that is exactly where I live. Just started trolling  west of grants at the next point closr to shore and trolled straight out staying in 25ft 30ft of water. Was out again today, marked lots of fish suspended but just washed the lures. Thanks for the tip on the leadcore, I don't need anymore headaches then I have now getting lines out. See you out there green lund tiller.

You must have been near Low Pt. almost looks like a island, thats on the east side of Tecumseh.

Thats where I caught most of my Walleye last year right on the drop off edge 25 to 35 FOW

I still may give that spot a go this year. 

Maitland for Walleye.jpg