Drifting at Port D........

scottydog

Well got out Saturday morning with a few buddies of mine. We launched around 7:ooam. Was bit of a slow start but things got heated up once we found the magic drift.

Used three ways with pencil weights tipped with roe or corkies. I think we ended up 11 for 16. Some nice looking browns were caught. Saw Smerch and Live2fish on shore. Was that you chucking sinkers at us Bowen.LOL

Seemed liked alot of guys on shore were into fish. About six boats out this morning.

Was alot of fun with two of the guys driving down from Ottawa. Glad that they got into fish.

A few pics from the day...

1000407cz8.jpg

Ian with a nice hen.

1000393um6.jpg

Joe with one too

1000401rz8.jpg

Rob with some Chrome

1000759bq3.jpg

I decided to get into the action

1000757nj9.jpg

A rare golden trout caught by another boater

1000415fc0.jpg

The kill shot

Nice to be out with friends on a cool Saturday. Brown roe was the ticket today. :Gonefishing:

Good fishing. Scottydog

nice haul Scotty, was a decent day on the water yesterday although at 6am the boat could have been a little more thawed and ready to go :) cool that the guys who travelled got into some nice fish, and wicked shot of that golden too,nice fish

be glad in a way you didn't pick the river yesterday...it was a freekin zoo out in a couple spots, and the yahoo gunning around the backdrift throwing a giant wake for no reason didn't help the bumper to bumper boats..he almost caused another guy to get knocked out of the boat he was in :Gonefishing: ..needless to say I ditched people world B) sounds like Port was tonnes quieter :worthy:

Guest canadadude

nice catch scottydog :Gonefishing::worthy:....I saw you dudes ripping some lip out there :)B) ......sweet ride you had there aswell :) .....anyway that looks like the same golden I saw last week :lol::lol: .....shore dudes are still hooking up had a crappy day yesturday but got things back on track this evening going 3 for 5 !!!!!! :):)

You guys in the boat hooked a few right out from me .....I told Bowen to chuck some lead your way next time you got one !!! :Gonefishing: But he behaved this time !!! :) Nice going Scott and crew , I think you guys all had a great time & got into some nice trout .It's a treat to see a golden trout ......I thought they were history a long time ago ......What's the story on those trout ......why they exist in there ? :worthy: . Great pictures as always Scott ....thanks !

Guest canadadude

I think what may have heppened is a few Palaminos got mixed in with regular rainbow fry that gets stocked, I'm not certain but I don't think they spawn and breed together unless you have a large population!!!! Perhaps N.Y state may have stocked a few :Gonefishing::worthy:

Watched you guys land a number of fish there Scotty.

You guys had that drift taped.

Nice fish for sure, and bet your buds were happy they

got into some. Makes the trip all the more enjoyable.

Nice shot of the golden trout. Never saw one before.

:worthy:

Archived