Port D today

durkin09

Been out there a few times now and haven't had a really good day yet but today was the first. Started off with 3 fish in 3 drifts and then it died down until about 1030 and we got a bunch in 2 or 3 drifts. A lot of smaller fish, nothing over 7 or 8 lbs but still a fun day. I think we boated 10 browns and a bow and lost 4 or 5. Good to see Cliff out there with a few buddies and saw some familiar faces on the shore. The current was weak all day, I'm sure if it were stronger we would have done better and it eventually died at noon so we took off, home now to watch football. My stupid camera wouldn't turn on in the cold so this is the only picture that I got. The rest are on the old fashioned camera. A perfect day otherwise, good fishing.

DSC00030.jpg

good going durkin,,,i keep my camera in my breast pocket to keep in warm..

It seems many digi cams are cold sensitive Durks.......I keep my camera in a camera case with a long strap , over my neck/shoulder and under my shirt to keep it warm . It only takes a few extra seconds to dig it out , but I always get the shot ! Too bad I haven't caught a fish to take a pic !!!! :worthy:

Nice going guys , looks like you had a fun day !

Guest canadadude

Nice going durk'in B):D .......I got 1 small brown fishing another area drifting with 1/4 oz weight :o ...nice to see the boat dudes hooking up better!!! Not sure whats with the flow down there it changes regularly and Sundays seem to be the worse :worthy::) ......my theory is it may be maintanence day at decew so they may slow the water flow :dunno::dunno:

It seems many digi cams are cold sensitive Durks.......I keep my camera in a camera case with a long strap , over my neck/shoulder and under my shirt to keep it warm . It only takes a few extra seconds to dig it out , but I always get the shot ! Too bad I haven't caught a fish to take a pic !!!! :worthy:

Yeah Smerch thats what I was doing but it still wasn't working. I have a breast pocket inside my survival suit I keep it in and it usually works fine when I do that but this time it wouldn't. I don't know what was wrong with it. Oh well, maybe Christmas will bring me a new one.

Guest canadadude

Tough currents again today dudes, tough to figure things out :worthy::) ......still managed to go 3 for4 ,all rainbows today the biggest was a sweet 8+lber!!!! sweeeeeeeeeet :dunno::dunno: .....seen the ole catfish bag a couple aswell :D way to go Robbie B):o:)

Nice to see the bows are on the feed Dude . I see it was a windless day for a change which makes it nicer to fish . And ,good on ya Catfish .....nice to see you still have the knack .....power minnies?

Guest canadadude
Nice to see the bows are on the feed Dude . I see it was a windless day for a change which makes it nicer to fish . And ,good on ya Catfish .....nice to see you still have the knack .....power minnies?

Ya the ole catfish was banging them on those power minnies :worthy: ......today was what I call the "Z" drift :dunno: ....coming out of east turbine flowing to the westside then bouncing off the westwall down to the eastside :dunno:B) ... finally figured it out :o ......then they stopped the flow altogether :D .......god luv port D :)

Guest canadadude

good for you Tommy :unsure::angry2: .....ya the fish are still there and I threw my kwickfish for awhile but just wasn't into it :rolleyes: !!!.....I pretty much had a day full of changing spots, drifts, weights, tactics you know :rolleyes: nice to see you got some fishies :lol:

Guest canadadude
I've caught a few on Berkely Gulp minnows are they the same thing? the 3" ones. Also the new smelt ones they have with the plastic eyes work well, I think they are 4"s.

ya pretty much the same crap durkin :rolleyes: ......the 4" smelts will also work :rolleyes:

Thanks for the pics Tommy . The browns have good color now ,& I noticed the different spot patterns on each fish .......the top one having larger more pronounced spots ! It looks like they would hit live minnows well now ,which I have in my 40 gal barrel . May be the time to hook them on a float !

Ya, I got dizzy just watching you race around from spot to spot every time the current changed, Dude! LOL

Nice to run into everyone this morning.

I gotta admit, I was like a fish out of water( ya, bad joke )with that slow, slow current on the East side early this morning. So I went over to the West side and there wasn't much there either.

Once the current picked up, though, and I switched from roe to power minnows, I got into a few too. Lost the first two fish so I switched to a slightly larger hook. Don't know if that was the ticket or not but I landed my next two. Ended up going 2 for 4, both of 'em browns.

Didn't know that was Tommy with you Dan. Good job on the fish Tommy. That bow hit my spoon when it was on bottom for at least 10 seconds as I was looking to see where my kids were playing in the big willow. He sucked it right off bottom. Unlike many, I love the slack water. Watch the invisible ice down there. There's just a slight sheen to the concrete in places. over'n'out.

Bet your kids were excited Dad caught a fish Paul.

Tommy showed up about 20 minutes after the Dude left.

I was obviously designated as the net man.

Good to see Tommy back in form catching fish.

That's it for the tips Tommy, now your back on your own :unsure::rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

Guest canadadude

Just about everything is working now, I got my fish on roe,everytime I was going to swich-up bang I'd get a hit :rolleyes::rolleyes:....just gotta get your bait in front of hungry fish :unsure:

Archived