Global Warming Story

knightfisher

New Study Explodes Human-Global Warming Story

Monday, December 10, 2007 9:55 AM

By: Philip V. Brennan

As much of the U.S. is being blasted by vicious ice storms, a blockbuster report published in a prestigious scientific journal insists that the evidence shows that climate warming is both natural and unstoppable and that carbon dioxide (CO2) is not a pollutant.

Writing in the International Journal of Climatology of the Royal Meteorological Society, professor David H. Douglass (of the University of Rochester), professor John R. Christy (of the University of Alabama), Benjamin D. Pearson and professor S. Fred Singer (of the University of Virginia) report that observed patterns of temperature changes ("fingerprints") over the last 30 years disagree with what greenhouse models predict and can better be explained by natural factors, such as solar variability.

The conclusion is that climate change is "unstoppable" and cannot be affected or modified by controlling the emission of greenhouse gases, such as CO2, as is proposed in current legislation.

According to Dr. Douglass: “The observed pattern of warming, comparing surface and atmospheric temperature trends, does not show the characteristic fingerprint associated with greenhouse warming. The inescapable conclusion is that the human contribution is not significant and that observed increases in carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases make only a negligible contribution to climate warming.”

One of his co-authors, Dr. John Christy, added: “Satellite data and independent balloon data agree that atmospheric warming trends do not exceed those of the surface. Greenhouse models, on the other hand, demand that atmospheric trend values be 2-3 times greater.

"We have good reason, therefore, to believe that current climate models greatly overestimate the effects of greenhouse gases. Satellite observations suggest that GH models ignore negative feedbacks, produced by clouds and by water vapor, that diminish the warming effects of carbon dioxide.”

And the third co-author, Dr. S. Fred Singer, said: “The current warming trend is simply part of a natural cycle of climate warming and cooling that has been seen in ice cores, deep-sea sediments, stalagmites, etc., and published in hundreds of papers in peer-reviewed journals.

"The mechanism for producing such cyclical climate changes is still under discussion; but they are most likely caused by variations in the solar wind and associated magnetic fields that affect the flux of cosmic rays incident on the earth’s atmosphere.

"In turn, such cosmic rays are believed to influence cloudiness and thereby control the amount of sunlight reaching the earth’s surface­ and thus the climate.

"Our research demonstrates that the ongoing rise of atmospheric CO2 has only a minor influence on climate change. We must conclude, therefore, that attempts to control CO2 emissions are ineffective and pointless — but very costly."

2007 Newsmax

I think people finally have to realize that the "global warming" myth is finally being discounted. There's been too much of only one side of the story complete with scare tactics and the mockery of people (like myself and others) who see through the hype. Mother Nature has us in a cooling cycle and the last couple of snowstorms seem to give credence to that phenomenon.

The next time someone chides me for not being "green" enough, I'm going to ask them if they would be willing to do the following:

1. Live in as small an abode as possible

2. Bath or Shower only once a week

3. Have only one or two hot meals per week

4. Don't use Restaurants, coffee shops, or bars

5. No carbon emitting recreation

6. Drive an electric car (only if grid is Hydro or Nuke)

7. Car pool or use public transit only

8. Do not purchase imports (food, dry goods, hardware etc.)

9. Refuse to have children

10. Read only in the daytime or

11. Use only one fluorescent light at a time; live in the dark

12. Have no freezer or refrigerator

13. Ride a bike or walk

14. No vacation travel … ever

15. Don’t use electrical products (blow-dryers, shavers, toasters etc.)

16. Keep house temperatures at plus 10C in winter

17. No AC in the summer (home, car)

18. No powered yard equipment

19. No air travel … ever

20. Buy Carbon Credits and/or donate all surplus savings to Africa

21. Live in a Cave

Ridiculous yes, funny maybe, but when the green community wants to combat global warming this way, you have to wonder if they're focusing on the right things.

Guest canadadude

I need a good shot of global warming this December fishing has been Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, cold everyone turn up your funaces,turn on all your lights and idle your vehicles at least 20min a day :dunno::lol:

I need a good shot of global warming this December fishing has been Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, cold everyone turn up your funaces,turn on all your lights and idle your vehicles at least 20min a day ;):o

:dunno: That's the spirit, "Dude! Leave a large carbon footprint and stay warm....... :lol:

Hey Q.F........I have to agree more & more with your view points ! When Gore came out with his movie ,it was disturbing to see his side of the global warming .......BUT , I have learned over the last 10 yrs. or so , that politicians , ceo's, big corporations & oil companies are all in the same tub . They want us to "downsize" our use of energy , which will help our wallets and tell us to buy a little fuel efficient car so they can keep raising their profits on fuel . I can think of many ways where tons of fuel are wasted every day like "global trade" which benefits the above mentioned big boys . I'll stick with my gas guzzler thankyou , I don't believe a thing these politicos say .......and yes , I believe "scientists" can be bought .

Archived