Port D today

durkin09

We launched at 7am and the day started pretty slow. Only had 3 fish in the first 2 hours or so, then it picked up. Ended up 14 for 14, didn't lose any fish today which was awesome. 12 browns and 2 rainbows between 2 of us. Jwl was there with his boat with cliff and another buddy, good to see them. Other friends we were with got 6 in there boat, all browns. A little friendly competition between my dad and I for the day and at one point the score was 6 fish to 4 fish for the old man, but the last 4 drifts I nailed a fish every drift and it ended 8 to 6 for me. He had the biggest though which was a nice rainbow that gave a good fight. I had the biggest brown which was about 25". Good day today for sure, hopefully this warm weather doesn't mess with the clarity. Lots of other boats but they weren't catching as many fish, we had the hot bait. Heres a few pics for your viewing pleasure...

Pictures013.jpg

This ones jaw was mangled...

Pictures012.jpg

Pictures009.jpg

Pictures010.jpg

Pictures007.jpg

Pictures014.jpg

hey great seeing ya guys out on the water today....you guys had the hot bait for sure,I think you guys had a double header on when we where launching...we didn't do so well, only put 2 browns in the boat for the day with a few missed fish...and guess what the browns came on :blink: the "hot bait" you and your Dad tossed us over :lol: I must say you guys did better than any one else out there today...lots of fish caught, shore guys where nailing a few and last I looked Pauly, and Pope had a couple in the boat for the day too, also great to see them out on the water today too.

Well none of us can complain too bad....we where out drifting in boats in January and not really all that cold :Gonefishing:

Might be some hot action if the weather warms up like they say..I just hope that it doesn't fubar the water too bad if we get lots of rain...and the SW winds can stay home, I wanna fish the river :D

Ya Durkin and his dad were doin there thing in their hole and were on fire! We experimented a bit and Pope got onto a really neat technique that got two browns in the boat. He got a really nice bow too. We went 6 for 8 today. 4 browns and 2 beautiful bows. The other 2 felt like browns. Lots of fun. Got them on all kinds of stuff. Take care everyone.

I was watching you guys from the Game & Fish, just drooling with envy while shuffling old files. That Jack still manages to stand out like a sore thumb :D

Damn and I thought the camo float jacket would make me invisble :blink: man I got jipped :lol:

should have popped out to say hi Bruce,didn't know you where at the clubhouse....guess ya saw Durkin and his Dad learnin the fish a big lesson today too then :Gonefishing:

Ya Durkin and his dad were doin there thing in their hole and were on fire! We experimented a bit and Pope got onto a really neat technique that got two browns in the boat. He got a really nice bow too. We went 6 for 8 today. 4 browns and 2 beautiful bows. The other 2 felt like browns. Lots of fun. Got them on all kinds of stuff. Take care everyone.

Hey pauly which boat were you guys? I didn't know it was you, give a wave next time. Good going on the browns and bows.

hey paul ... WTG GUYS looks like you gave them fish a beating today :Gonefishing::blink:

we ran into a friend of you and your dads yesterday , cool guy :D

Hi Joe & Pauline:

Nice meeting you both at Bill's Bait Yesterday. My son and I were the "other friends" with Paul and his dad. As he said, we landed 6 browns with one succesful double header. We lost probably another 6. I have pictures, but I'm not sure how to post them.???? It was a busy day at the Port (boats and shore). Great talking with you both yesterday, maybe someday we'll meet up fishing somewhere.

cheers

gl

trying to do picture thing

durkin09

PortDalhousieJan508005.jpg

next 2 pics are doubleheader fish

PortDalhousieJan508006.jpg

PortDalhousieJan508003.jpg

stragglers

PortDalhousieJan508004.jpg

PortDalhousieJan508001.jpg

For "RICK" - I'll show my Johnson, if we get to see yours. :lol: Wally is from Deseronto a few weeks ago.

DSC00251.jpg

hey Billy TM, which boat where you guys??mine was the green/cream Legend Viper..so looks like there was 4 NFN member boats out there out of the 6 today :Gonefishing: ,glad to hear you guys got into a few

hey Billy TM, which boat where you guys??mine was the green/cream Legend Viper..so looks like there was 4 NFN member boats out there out of the 6 today :Gonefishing: ,glad to hear you guys got into a few

Green Legend with white Johnson. I think I asked you what time it was?? Yes, the fishing Gods were kind today. Coulda' used a traffic cop a few times to keep the boat traffic in line :blink:

Green Legend with white Johnson. I think I asked you what time it was?? Yes, the fishing Gods were kind today. Coulda' used a traffic cop a few times to keep the boat traffic in line :Gonefishing:

ok yepper, I know who you guys where now,seen ya with a doubleheader too,actually when we first got there we thought it might be Rick, he has the same boat also with a white Johnson

ok yepper, I know who you guys where now,seen ya with a doubleheader too,actually when we first got there we thought it might be Rick, he has the same boat also with a white Johnson

I don't know Rick or who he is, but someone else did the same thing earlier. They pulled up beside us and started talking to "Rick". I didn't have a clue what the heck he's talking about. I hope we didn't get "Rick" into too much trouble. :Gonefishing::blink:

Ricks dreaming again (BIG JOHNSON) :Gonefishing::lol::D:P

sorry rick couldnt resist , i dont think thats what she meant when she called you a BIG .... :P

I think she meant it in a few different ways!! :blink:

Ahem ......cough .......uh........would you please get back to the topic at hand ???? :lol::blink: ....... Get off your Johnsons & quit dreaming !

Ok ,now.......Durkin , I am amazed at how well you do when you come to Port ! Now that I know what your Johnson looks like , I will have my 12x binocs. on your aft side to see what your secret weapon is !! :D Congrats on another fine day of fishin Daloozie ! :Gonefishing:

Ahem ......cough .......uh........would you please get back to the topic at hand ???? :D:blink: ....... Get off your Johnsons & quit dreaming !

Ok ,now.......Durkin , I am amazed at how well you do when you come to Port ! Now that I know what your Johnson looks like , I will have my 12x binocs. on your aft side to see what your secret weapon is !! :P Congrats on another fine day of fishin Daloozie ! :Gonefishing:

I'm not touching this one :lol:

Archived