couple from today

jwl

Headed out with Cliff, and Bones this morning for a few hours in my boat. With the weather supposed to be a bit scetchy we decided to hit Port D. Got there to find the wind a blowing like crazy, but hey there was a current this time so we decided to give it a go anyways.

The water was not the best viz but it still was green, so we thought it would not be too bad.

It took a bit to get some good boat control with the wind, but Cliff mananged to pull it off yet again on the electric motor, soon it was let off for a second to retie or anyhting the boat was simply all over the place. These are the kind of days where team work definately comes into play and that's pretty easy when you got the boat full of good guys for the day.

Cliff finally broke the ice and landed a little brownie for the day, thus putting the pressure off the boat, and yet keeping the skunks out of it again :rolleyes: 5 1/2 years and still going strong...never a skunk day yet in her and I plan on keeping it that way!!!

All in all for the day we boated 4 for 5 fish, Cliff had a monster hen brown on that didn't want to visit the boat, this thing was bursting with eggs and had to be well into the mid teens, it came close to the boat a good 3 times, took one last herioc run, and she decided that was it and broke the line :) Cliff managed to get another brown for the day. I got into 2 nice bows, and all in all we had a few other missied hits and a couple on just long enough for a headshake but no connection.

343144947.jpg

343144946.jpg

I tell you it was a tough day on the water, there where a couple people that came down with boats and didn't even put them in later in the morning, we took the gamble knowing it was going to be a tough but we worked at it and put some fish in the boat and that's all that matters right there :Gonefishing:

Once again guys it is always a pleasure to spend any day on the water with a couple fellow diehards like you,thanks for sharing the day you know we will be sharing many more great days on the water this winter season, it has started off a bit slow but there has been trout in the boat every time, and it's only going to get better as the cold season comes on!!!

wow those are some beautiful fish, and i tell ya for me its the complete opposite, i usually get skunked :lol:

FJ all you have to do is put in the time.

Get out there, watch, ask questions, and experiment with

various setups.

:rolleyes:

Jack nice to see you avoided another skunk, great job man. Cliff was telling me this evening that he hooked into a real nice brown :lol:

And like you said Jack it's only going to get better now.

Dan glad to see you and a couple others got into them too :rolleyes:

All some real beauties for sure B)

We did see quite a few caught off the wall today of all sizes Knightfisher, wind was a bad factor in the boat, all the guys on the wall had the best drift today for sure. They where quite active and jumping all over the place a couple parts of the morning. The fish really seem to come in shifts, I noticed a couple times today that action would be slow allround, then you would see 3 -4 fish caught in a short time off the wall, then a lull, then same thing. Right about the same time we where having action in the boat..problem was keeping the line bouncing the bottom.

Some hog ole browns for sure out there but I was glad to see the bows are starting to come in pretty good too :rolleyes:

Nice looking trouties JW ! The boat is sitting right on the spot I cast spoons etc. !! Rough bottom there , lots of structure (snags) for driting roe , but that's what the fishies like ! I love those big browns with that big kipe ....beautiful fish ! Looks like we will be having a preview of winter very shortly .......minus temps for the the high daytime .....time for the float suits :rolleyes:

gonna be a glutton and see if we can't get anymore tommorrow, hopefully it's a bit less windy :rolleyes:

and hopefully rainy if it doesnt rain i might make a apperance

Archived