Animal Cruelty in Niagara

Dan Andrews

I have called into question some of the cases of animal cruelty in Niagara and how they were used as a forefront by animal rights activists to forward their cause for tougher legislation or laws. These laws they are pushing for often have a hidden agenda that could be used against the sporting, livestock and medical research industries.

These same groups also called for the scrapping of new legislation or laws that would increase penalties or jail time for convicted offenders. Why, if your an animal lover, would you call to scrap a bill that would increase jail time for abusers? They claim the laws didn't go far enough. I rest my case. Anyone with a free thinking mind can read between the lines. If you loved animals so much, you'd take whatever gains you can get then press for even more protection.

But this post isn't about what I normally write about animal cruelty. Usually I write about the politics and its sad that's was always seems to be at the forefront of animal cruelty. Today I am writing about the sick twisted people who get off on torturing animals whether it be to punish irresponsible pet owners or to enjoy some sort of demented high.

It is important for us to pay attention to this sort of behavior and to come up with solutions if we can. Unfortunately, animal cruelty is our number one enemy to recreational sporting activities. Hunting especially has fingers pointing at it from the ARA front and fishing is not far behind. How stories like Queen Waldorf are picked up by the vegan agenda is beyond me but it morphs into ARA sponsored laws from there.

Today I read something sick in the paper. As much as I hate irresponsible pet owners cats digging in my gardens, eating my song birds at the feeder or pooping in my kids sand box, I can't explain what makes an individual do something so twisted as dousing an animal in gasoline and setting it on fire. I would love to be the person to solve and bring justice to this crime. Of coarse I do not promote or practice vigilante justice but in some strange way would enjoy punishing the offender as much as any ARA would.

Read this story if you dare :)

Get ready for the calls for tougher laws on this cats grave.

Hopefully the ARA's will have some tact and prove me wrong.

Hopefully one of us will know something that can bring this sick bastard to justice.

http://www.niagarafallsreview.ca/ArticleDi...,%20SUN%20MEDIA

Don't let your cats run wild !! They are partly responsible for the cats demise for allowing it to roam the neighbourhood amongst the weirdos , dogs and traffic etc. Keep your animals SAFE inside your home . My last dog , a rotti killed 2 cats in my yard . I told a neighbour to watch where her cats roam because there are several large breed dogs on this side of the road.......She said , "Well cats are roamers you know...." All I said back was , "if your cats doesn't return , call the H.S. ,they may have picked up the body " .

All I have to look at to remind me of extreme animal abuse is my beloved dog who was very near death when the H.S. found her & after 4 months of intensive vet care , she is still with us , healthy & 12 yrs .old. The abuser got fined & couldn't own a "pet" for 2 yrs..........A cat was nuked in a micro wave lately & the abusers got off waaaay too lightly ......but what else is new with our so called justice system .....it's a big joke & I'm not laughing...... :)

Penalties are only one part of the problem. Just like human justice, getting the conviction is the hard part. But are you willing to trade your freedom for domestic pets. The powers the ARA's were asking for animal control officers was equal or greater to police when it came to entering and inspecting your home property.

There's no question however that the microwaving torturers should either be in jail or in a microwave themselves. What do you do with these sick jerks. Why is it even child molesters get a slap on the wrist?

Archived