Laker!

RoeBaggin

slow day at the pool???...only about 12 more people in your background shot :worthy:

Nice laker, seems the pool is putting out alot of those this season :P

Not a lot of action down there that day. Few fish here and there but nothing like earlier this month. Drifter Visibility was poor, but lakers are proficient hunters in those conditions! I think it is the best area to spin your pin!

Jwl those crowds will soon dwindle when the minus temps and wind chill remain constant! Soon I hope.

Roebaggin

If it wasn't for the "storm", I would have gone down today.

no you wouldn't <_<

if so what about settling the pink vs white debate :lol:

Niagara River...drive up......step out of your car.....hike half an hour and fish!!!! :Gonefishing:

Not a lot of action down there that day. Few fish here and there but nothing like earlier this month. Drifter Visibility was poor, but lakers are proficient hunters in those conditions! I think it is the best area to spin your pin!

Jwl those crowds will soon dwindle when the minus temps and wind chill remain constant! Soon I hope.

Roebaggin

I hear ya...I was surprized still the last couple times I went when 2-3 other people walked by <_<

the best fishin is still around the corner...well maybe with the exception of today...still too nice out :Gonefishing:

Today I would have been up for it., but you know.....:D

Maybe Monday? I've got to get a new set of boots...my rubbers aren't ideal for hiking in. Not like at Port where its a 10 second walk from the car and you're fishing.

tell me about it :Gonefishing: , I was supposed to go out today too in the boat <_<

guess I am just a wuss :lol:

i put in quite a few days on the lower river and i am yet to catch a laker or a brown down there for that matter its odd ! BUT WELL DONE i need to start spending more time in the pool now since i got this center pin , ive only used it twice now and need to pop its cherry still

Wiser, now is the time to get your laker or brown. They are as of the last few weeks outnumbering the steelhead populations. Give it another week or so and the browns will thin out and it will become steel city down there. There are always lakers to be had in winter down there. More lakers are actually caught down in the glen though. JWL can attest to that!

The whirlpool is worth the walk down for the scenery alone! The fishing is not bad either.

RoeBaggin

Real nice looking lakers you have there . At first glance they looked like steelies with the color on their sides , in the smaller pictures. Its great to catch , steelies , browns & lakers in the same waters .

Real nice looking lakers you have there . At first glance they looked like steelies with the color on their sides , in the smaller pictures. Its great to catch , steelies , browns & lakers in the same waters .

Sorry smerchly, I forgot to mention that the to pics are of the same fish!

Roebaggin

Words sound familiar there Jack :lol:

Good job RB, nice fish for sure

yepper, except if ya just stepped out of your car and casted, you would need a heck of alot of line :D ...and I would like to see someone try and get a 10lber in :Gonefishing:<_<.

Hey Brent, I wonder where I seen that fish before??? I took that of you, the guy in full camo. I was with Ed's kid, Dan. Congrats on the pig of a laker and that beautiful brown! Can't wait to get out with you again to the river, me and Dan just picked up some of the bait you told us about.

Matt

Hey Brent, I wonder where I seen that fish before??? I took that of you, the guy in full camo. I was with Ed's kid, Dan. Congrats on the pig of a laker and that beautiful brown! Can't wait to get out with you again to the river, me and Dan just picked up some of the bait you told us about.

Matt

Hope to see you guys down there again soon drop tine! I will let you guys know when conditions are favorable!

RoeBaggin

Guest BOWED-UP

Nice catch. I've heard great things about the pool. Just really getting to the know the niagara. I went twice so far by the power station, didn't 'bow-up. Would like to experience. Directions particulary or even a quide. I am always teachable and willing to learn. To become a better angler and pass on to others.

Guest Pro Nitro

Nice LT RB. :Gonefishing: Abundance of lakers in the lower. Can't keep them off the line some days, and like you mentioned very proficient hunters in low vis water. Beauty fish!

Archived