The passing of "OLD GUY"

Sirfishalot

It is with a heavy heart that I Have to report that "Old Guy" , Trevor Field , has passed on to the great fishing grounds .

Trevor had beaten prostate cancer a few years ago but after returning from a west coast trip this summer he did'nt feel right and upon a visit to the doctors he was diagnosed with Pancreatic cancer. Respecting his wishes we did'nt let this get around .

Trevor was a respected member of NFN and a great man to have had the privelage of knowing and fish with. He will be missed,but never forgotten.

If any of you have any memories or pics of Trevor lets see/hear them.....Thom

DSCF1387.jpg

DSCF1386.jpg

We are very sad to here this news......he was my sis-in laws teacher & the kids really spoke well of him . I've met Trev a few times & he was always great company , always in a jovial mood & always a very fine fisherman . He will be missed by the many people who knew him . Rest in peace Trevor.

Here is Trev enjoying one of our swills ......talking up a storm .....

Trevor.JPG

Rick behind Trev .....note that big smile .....a happy easy going man !

Trev.%20at%20swill.JPG

wow this is very unexpected and sad news indeed,I don't think I had ever seen Trevor without a huge smile on his face and always making the best of the day. He will be missed by many. I can't count how many times last year he was down at Queenston while I was out there in the boat with Cliff and Bones, when he would yell over to us "hey don't any of you guys ever go to work" :D You just never know where you may have seen him next...could have been a quick visit to say hi if he knew there where some people who knew fishin at the Rec, or at Port C, and you could definately not miss his van and ole tilly hat on the banks down at Queenston.

Condolences from the gang here at the JWL house :D

Many of us have fished with him and many of us had him for a teacher at Westlane in the Falls. I was lucky enough tho call him a neighbour, and Friend and is the man I consider to be my fishing/outdoors mentor.

"A tribute to a great man, honorable teacher, avid sportsman, skillfull fisher of men, world traveller, respected referee and amazing father. Passed away after a short bout of cancer early hours of Jan 04, 2009 ... we will miss you and your true spirit of life. "

There is a facebook group set up in his memory if you are on facebook

Trevor Field

jjcanoe

My condolences to Trevor's Family,It is a sad day when we hear of someone we all know and respect has left us. Trevor was well known in the fishing world and always enjoyed telling all of his fishing adventures. Rest well Trevor. Catfish

I reconnected with Trevor at one of the first swills. In fact, I called him Mr. Field that night because, like AwolRJ, he was my science teacher at Westlane a lot of years ago.. After that, at swills, in the store or wherever, it was Trevor or "Old Guy".

He was a great guy, a passionate, dedicated fisherman and will be missed by all of us here at NFN. My condolences to the Field family and to Trevor, wherever you are: eternal tight lines and good fishing.... :D

Guest niagarariverpro

Very sad indeed.. Trev will be missed on NRS as well.. I have fished with Trev many times and we certainly will be missed by all who knew him.. He was a great man, teacher and fisherman..

RIP buddy...

161566079.jpg

161566091.jpg

I will also note.. he was the man i called soya nut bar cause he was always eating soya nuts when i fished with him...

Cliff Plummer

I certainly will miss the man......Trevor and I spent many days fishing together....also did a fly in trip this past spring....he was a kind and gentle man who loved the outdoors.....I will miss you, but my thoughts are always with you...rest in peace my friend.

Scottydog

028pd9hq3.jpg

121cj3zr5.jpg

Trev was a terrific man. I seen him last at the Niagara Fishing Show last spring and remember him from the swills. He was a very upbeat man and from what I hear a very well liked teacher for many in the area. My condolences to his family. RIP my friend, you will be missed.

Guest lyndascabin

I unfortunately only had the pleasure of meeting Trev (old guy) a couple of times. He stayed at my place this past summer before and after his fly-in trip with Scottydog and I must say it was an ABSOLUTE PLEASURE having him here. He was a kind, sweet, appreciative, soft-spoken man who loved to just "talk" about everything and anything. He further showed his sweet nature after he returned home by sending me a lovely Thank You card for "spoiling him, accommodating him and for the outstanding dinners." He didn't forget to wish me luck in my new job, he wished all the best to Scott & I & Norton (good ole Trev didn't forget the little doggy either!). His closing line read "Keep smiling, Trev" and he drew a smiley face. How many people would take the time to do such a thoughful thing? That card put a huge smile on my face, it made my day, something I'm sure he did on many occasions for many people. Just because that's who he was.

I looked forward to seeing him again on his next fishing trip up this way. I will never forget him. He will always hold a special place in my heart, that place where I keep "special people" & he was one of them, it didn't take long to figure that one out!

My thoughts and condolences go out to his family.

Guest Rockfish

Sorry to hear about Trev's passing and only met him once when he came out to one of the fish frys at the Rec. canal, condolences to the family.

A celebration has been planned for Trevor David Field at Mountain Park Church Mountain Park Church on Sat Jan 10 between the hours of 7 pm -9 pm. I believe the church is on Mountain road in Niagara Falls across from Firemans Park.

Hope to see many of you there and if you have pics or stories about Trev bring them along.

jjcanoe

A celebration has been planned for Trevor David Field at Mountain Park Church on Sat Jan 10 between the hours of 7 pm -9 pm. I believe the church is on Mountain road in Niagara Falls across from Firemans Park.

Hope to see you out tonight to pay tribute to a great guy!

jjcanoe

• 1 month later...

Archived