Earth hour

I'm checking out for Earth hour. No spamming while I'm gone. Matter of fact I'm checking out until tomorrow. Seeya folks. Take an hour off the hydro tonight and set an example for the future generation. You may just rediscover how dependant you've become :blush:

they should just triple the hydro/gas/oil rates & charge $3 per litre for petro ......that will make us heed "earth day" everyday . B)

pure bullshit people.................................... :blush:

just finished mine started at 730 ended at 930 so it was good 2 hours watching a kid get pulled into a ambulance across the street from me

We did observe an hour of dark and quiet as well. It must have sucked being a pioneer! :lol::lol:

Tony, I noticed the same thing on my last bill, it was our highest consumption ever and we haven't done anything different from the November/December bill?? I think it was up over 20% from the last bill? I can understand the cost going up to create a larger bill but on the little consumption graph the spike was large compared to previous year?

Spent the evening around the camp fire talking life with the kids. It's amazing what they don't know. Apparently not every answer can be found on facebook. My oldest rushed in at 9:45 to catch up on television consumption but I talked the little guy to sleep. Fire pit season has returned. looking forward to the next one.

Spent the evening around the camp fire talking life with the kids. It's amazing what they don't know. Apparently not every answer can be found on facebook. My oldest rushed in at 9:45 to catch up on television consumption but I talked the little guy to sleep. Fire pit season has returned. looking forward to the next one.

Some great points Chilli. I've been thinking about this very same thing for a while, so I'll throw it out there and see if there's any similiar interests.

Is anyone interested in a take the kids fishing day ending with a camp fire and roasting marshmellows? I think this would be a perfect way to get them out and in touch with nature, rather than sitting in front of a computer or TV. Just tossing this one out to the board for some input.

:lol::lol:

Sorry man I'm not trying to invade your post :worthy:

we already do this every evening ...... not much is left running here anyhooo...lite a couple candles and make our own energy :lol:

Hey Joe....don't waste that methane gas ! :lol: .....There must be a way to bottle it & stickawickinit to roast mellos , ha !

As far as having a "camp fire" in my yard.......it would be nice to roast some weenies , but the last time I burned a few dried garden plants , a firetruck showed up & they promptly used my hose to soak the small fire out with a stern warning of a nice fat fine next time . But I could still burn stinking wet willow in my wood stove along with all the household garbage........Maybe I can use the BBQ for a fire pit ?

[quote Maybe I can use the BBQ for a fire pit ?

Hey Smerch I use a fire pit that I got from CT never had any problems here with the Fire Dept as it's considered a contained fire much like an outdoor fireplace. May be worth looking into :lol: I have a pyramid shaped one that has doors that we leave open on both sides, works great for roasting marshmellows or cooking weiners. :lol:

haHAHA....... smerch... you must be a HOT date brother :lol::worthy:

bean beans the magical fruit :lol: body heat dude :D

who needs a fire to cook ;) there might be snow on the roof but, well ya get the picture ;)

gives a new meaning to MADE in canada huh :D

pure bullshit people.................................... :lol:

Ain't that the truth :worthy:

Tony, I noticed the same thing on my last bill, it was our highest consumption ever and we haven't done anything different from the November/December bill?? I think it was up over 20% from the last bill? I can understand the cost going up to create a larger bill but on the little consumption graph the spike was large compared to previous year?

Just wait till the "smart meters'' take effect ;)

Good stuff Dan :lol:

The TV and electronics are just dumbing down the kids, and many adults.

Getting them outside is a great way to get in touch with reality.

TV and such is not reality.

We did observe an hour of dark and quiet as well. It must have sucked being a pioneer! :lol::lol:

I know what you mean, Tom.....I called the hydro company, and asked why the bill was so high.....They really didn't have a good explanation....

Archived