29 spectacular photographs of the Northern Lights

Awesome photos Dan , I have seen these light formations many times on moose trips at Moose River , just south of Moosonee . We would watch them in total darkness & watch the "sputniks" going throught the billions of stars that cannot be seen in the southern part of Ontario . I would love to visit Greenland or Iceland to see the lights and cities like Nuuk would be facinating to explore......

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome shots for sure. I spent about 5 years in Banff Alberta were I had seen them about 3-4 times a month. After a long night a the bar doing some good old drinking with friends we would emerge from the bars around 2 or 3am and the Northern Light would be in full effect. Nothing like looking at those colors in the sky all messed up on a few dozen shots of the good stuff. We would just go home and lay on our roof till sun up. Most of the lights lasted about 3-5 hours and some as short as 5 to 10 minutes. There is just nothing like seeing them in person. Mind you some of them have a really crazy motion to them. Almost like that "plasma" effect screen savers on computers. Man it would make me throw up my nights fun in minutes B)

Archived