Best Canoe color

Dom

Hi Guys.

I have been gone for a while from this forum, so long that I had to create a new account.

Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts or opinions on whether or not different colours of canoes may have more or less of an effect of spooking fish.

I have an older canoe that is a pale blue/white colour and I was thinking of painting it green.

What are your thoughts?

I painted my white bucket camo .........couldn't find it for 3 days ! ;) You might consider a bright red or yellow so boaters can see you without coming too close .....

I don't think the fish care all that much , they would see a big shadow overhead but they might think its a big ski too. :D

I jus got back from trout fishing in Algonquin last weekend.There were 3 canoes. Two beige,one red.The two beige did well each day.The red canoe was the least productive.Draw your own conclusions.

Colour has no effect on the fish. I have had many canoes frome red to blue to my latest sportspal and unless your fishing under the canoe, I can't see it being a concern. And even at that, if the fish are hungry, they will bite. Check out my thread on page two, fishing from a canoe.

B)

Archived