fishing gibson....again

tmate

so today i headed out to my spot in gibson yet again and the water was really low so i waded in about knee deep and started looking in the rocks for lures and anything else stuck in them....i ended up with a haul of 3 good looking lures and decided to fish with a spoon that i found there....withing the first few casts i had a giant hit and faught a decent looking pike (6-8lbs) for a few seconds put when it surfaced it spit the hook.......about 10mins later i missed another hit..then the next cast i had a follow up.....thennn the next cast i hooked into my first ever musky ;)......I quickly took a few pictures and it swam off like a dart.....about 10mins later i get another hit and sure enough i haul in the exact same musky!!!...this fish must have been hungry or somethin...the second time i caught the fish the fight lasted a grand total of 10second lol...the thing was beat...well enough of my blabbering i know all you guys want is the picture :)

ps...sorry to be an @$$ hole but i cropped out this photo just because i dont want absolutely everyone fishing in this exact same area...if you do some exploring you should have no problem finidng the honey holes in gibson

musky.jpg

NICE DAMN FISH TYLER!!!

BTW..do you usually keep your lures that close to the family jewels?...LOL

Thats too funny

;)

Nice fish by the way, I fish your honey hole quiet a bit, I just don't like the long walk. May try this spot tomorrow

hahaha the family jewels are safe...that was one of the lures i found while i was knee deep in the water.....had nowhere else to put it really so figured it was a good place to keep it....luckily i didnt end up with a new piercing

Very nice ski TF ! :) Maybe it's got a twin brother , catching it twice seems very rare but them skis can be vicious when they're hungry .(or cranky) That's why we use crank baits ! ;) Gibson holds a great variety of fish from alwives to zebra mussles ,they are in there ! Congrats on your first ski !

Well done on your first musky TF.

I caught my first musky in Gibson as well.

You have caught a nice variety of fish over the last while out there.

I was surprised with the trout however, didn't think they were in there.

:rolleyes:

so today i headed out to my spot in gibson yet again and the water was really low so i waded in about knee deep and started looking in the rocks for lures and anything else stuck in them....i ended up with a haul of 3 good looking lures and decided to fish with a spoon that i found there....withing the first few casts i had a giant hit and faught a decent looking pike (6-8lbs) for a few seconds put when it surfaced it spit the hook.......about 10mins later i missed another hit..then the next cast i had a follow up.....thennn the next cast i hooked into my first ever musky :rolleyes:......I quickly took a few pictures and it swam off like a dart.....about 10mins later i get another hit and sure enough i haul in the exact same musky!!!...this fish must have been hungry or somethin...the second time i caught the fish the fight lasted a grand total of 10second lol...the thing was beat...well enough of my blabbering i know all you guys want is the picture :)

ps...sorry to be an @$$ hole but i cropped out this photo just because i dont want absolutely everyone fishing in this exact same area...if you do some exploring you should have no problem finidng the honey holes in gibson

musky.jpg

I'm going to assume the picture editing is to keep people from figuring out your spot.

Very nice ski TF ! :) Maybe it's got a twin brother , catching it twice seems very rare but them skis can be vicious when they're hungry .(or cranky) That's why we use crank baits ! :rolleyes: Gibson holds a great variety of fish from alwives to zebra mussles ,they are in there ! Congrats on your first ski !

With musky I have seen this happen a few times before. These fish must have a really short term memory! Once while fishing for salmon with flutter spoons I got a musky to shore 2 different times than finally landed it the 3rd time.The fish hit from less than 10' from shore each time

Archived