So Where have the good threads been?

FishyWishy

Ok I have been around here for a while, and what attracted me were a host of great post and really great information. Not there are a few good posts by guys like Chilli talking about conservation etc. but where have all the other good posts gone? Where are the poster like JWL and the like? I am getting tired of reading about carp and gobies. Come on guys. I fish vicariously through the posters here and well...it isn't what it was. I guess I don't add any great reports or threads either but I might have to go start fishing so I can make some good reports if this keeps up. :blink:

FW

Ok I have been around here for a while, and what attracted me were a host of great post and really great information. Not there are a few good posts by guys like Chilli talking about conservation etc. but where have all the other good posts gone? Where are the poster like JWL and the like? I am getting tired of reading about carp and gobies. Come on guys. I fish vicariously through the posters here and well...it isn't what it was. I guess I don't add any great reports or threads either but I might have to go start fishing so I can make some good reports if this keeps up. B)

FW

The good threaders are out fishin for gobies and carp... reports to follow. :blink:

I find myself limiting my threads to brief local reports. Too much bickering to expend more effort

Many of us have complicated lives beyond this forum that are far more important.

The best way to change that is go out and catch fish......do a report with pics and everybody will be happy....

The posts will come........trust me.....too good a board not to

Good fishing. Scottydog

i agree with you on this one...i usuallly add a post with pictures at least once every week or two...

people should try to get a little more active in this forum and share some pictures with us

At one point in time this was a very active board. Members organized fish-offs, dollar derbies, angler-of-the-month, pike-offs, swills, fish fries. We tried to have fun.

Those members did not get the support of the general membership. What they got was complaints, insults, threats, nit picking, whining, bickering, in fighting, and a whole lot of back stabbing. Nice reward in return for those efforts, eh?

If and when I catch fish I post a report. Unfortunately the fishing has not been good this summer. I have only caught three walleye so far.

There is nothing wrong with carp reports. When was a teenager I used to fish for carp all the time. Some of the best fighting fish I have caught have been carp.

I think ''good '' here is a relative term. Different people enjoy reading about different fish.

There are new posts daily. There are more people fishing for carp and posting, and that's great.

We have alot more younger guys on here now which is nice to see.

People will always come and go as far as forums go. That's the way of life.

Disagreements will always occur. It's human nature. But that should not limit or

stop someone from posting.

I think the weather being as wet and cool as it has been, has affected alot of the fishing,

and that can affect the number of posts.

I know my number of fish caught this year is down compared to previous years.

This board is always attracting new members.

It's doing just fine.

I was out tonight in the canoe and have nothing to post about it, except to say

I have this white stripe :blush:

B)

ive heard a lot of people talking about "bad fishing" this year maybe its just me..or how ive been fishing but this has by ar been my best year of fishing in a long time

ive heard a lot of people talking about "bad fishing" this year maybe its just me..or how ive been fishing but this has by ar been my best year of fishing in a long time

This and last year have been my best years by far.

carp are alot like mopeds,fun to ride but you don't want your friends to see you riding it.all kidding aside i hooked into one this year while bass fishing although it was quite small 8lbs that fish put all my skills to the test just to land it.i now know why they have such a dedicated group of anglers persuing their big asses. they definatly deserve more respect than we give them

Wow, quite a few replies in such a short period. I didn't mean to offend anyone, I was just finding the site a little less interesting.

Big Ugli,

I hear you regarding the family lives come before the forum, esspecially with the infighting etc, and hassles people get for some of their posts.

It is unfortunate the bickering, heckling, and fighting that happens because someone shows a post with picture that can identify the spot, ruins the nature of the forum. I always enjoy your reports, Smerchly's reports and there are a few others that always give good reports.

Ark,

I do not consider myself too good for carp fishing...I don't target them when I go fishing because I prefer spending my few fishing hours I have catching traditional sport fish, I also ussually have my young daughters fishing with me and carp is a little out of their league as far as fighting goes. I have recently been trying to get into fly fishing but never seem to have time due to work and family commitments, like Big Ugli Mentioned. My problem isn't with carp repors, it is that every post on here is a carp post...or a post about a spot that requires a boat...I guess these are the only types of posts people can safely make without being jumped on like Chrenn was for his posts.

As I said, I do my fishing vicariously through the posts I read here.

Rest assured when i do get out one of these days I will post, good or bad, including where, when, what and how.

FW

Ok I have been around here for a while, and what attracted me were a host of great post and really great information. Not there are a few good posts by guys like Chilli talking about conservation etc. but where have all the other good posts gone? Where are the poster like JWL and the like? I am getting tired of reading about carp and gobies. Come on guys. I fish vicariously through the posters here and well...it isn't what it was. I guess I don't add any great reports or threads either but I might have to go start fishing so I can make some good reports if this keeps up. B)

FW

Is this one of those impressive posts you speak of? Maybe it's time to go back to your flower arranging classes? lol

ok so what exactly's wrong with a carp report?

do you think your too good to fish for them or somthing?

I cant see why you are getting all mad over someone saying that they don't like to fish for carp like, knightfisher said everyone has different opinions on which fish they like to see for me i like to read all posts

Archived