fishing allanburg

tmate

A recent post on this site gave me a little itch to try the dams in allanburg...I wasnt really feeling the small dam so made my way to the large one a little futher down...managed to land about 5smallies and 2 largies....i lost a couple when they jumped and also missed a few hits....Carp kept following up my twister tails and nibbling on the ends but just wouldnt take it enough to grab the hook...this might have been a good thing because i was just using my light action rod that had very little line left on the reel

I almost forgot to mention....on my way to the fishing spot i saw a little bit oif black smoke in the distance so drive a bit further on highay 20 because im nosey like that...turned out to be a pretty bad housefire...i stopped and watched for a bit until the firefighters showed up and then it was time to fish...Apparently there were no deaths or injuries but i still feel bad for the owner of the house as it looked like a decent amount of damage...here are a fe pics from today

fishfire001.jpg

fishfire004.jpg

fishfire009.jpg

fishfire010.jpg

fishfire011.jpg

A recent post on this site gave me a little itch to try the dams in allanburg...I wasnt really feeling the small dam so made my way to the large one a little futher down...managed to land about 5smallies and 2 largies....i lost a couple when they jumped and also missed a few hits....Carp kept following up my twister tails and nibbling on the ends but just wouldnt take it enough to grab the hook...this might have been a good thing because i was just using my light action rod that had very little line left on the reel

I almost forgot to mention....on my way to the fishing spot i saw a little bit oif black smoke in the distance so drive a bit further on highay 20 because im nosey like that...turned out to be a pretty bad housefire...i stopped and watched for a bit until the firefighters showed up and then it was time to fish...Apparently there were no deaths or injuries but i still feel bad for the owner of the house as it looked like a decent amount of damage...here are a fe pics from today

looks like a descent day's fishing to me. very nice sized fish. WTG. I'll have to try there sometime. never been further than Marlatts on the system, but I keep hearing about guys going up/down that way. maybe it's time to park the car and go for a hike. LOL.

Guest LockedInTheTrunkOfACar

That area is well marked where you can not fish. OPG does not mess around and the security they have does not either.

Nice fish regardless, but if that was an area where no fishing is allowed ... think twice with respect to OPG.

secuirty saw me fishing there and i got a wave and they left....you are allowed to fish anywhere down there as long as you're not going around/hopping any fences and to get to this spot i did not have to do either

Just dont fall in.......

Im pretty sure fishing within 200 meters of a hydro dam is illeagle (well from a boat) dont know if its the same for on shore

Anyways is it worth it for a few bass?

Is that necessary I'm sure if he was fishing there he knew the rules. Little BS crap posts like that is what starts more BS. <_<

I have fished that spot many years ago & we got some small bows there . Other nearby spots got us some channels , sheepshead and bass . We could drive a car close to the point but I've heard you have to walk some distance to get there . Yes , any fast water is dangerous ....like near the hydro dam at Port Dalhousie ......one must be careful when fishing from rocks like those algea covered bolders in the Niagara glen . Nice healthy looking bass T.F. , they must fight real good in that current ! <_<

need to go back to school to lurn how 2 spel :)

nice bass there TF dont listen to ark he just likes to stir up trouble havent gone to the dam yet prob wont cant swim very well, to my knowledge i only go fishing places were i know i will get out of if i fall in.... nice fish and im not trying to stop you from fishing there

nice bass there TF dont listen to ark he just likes to stir up trouble havent gone to the dam yet prob wont cant swim very well, to my knowledge i only go fishing places were i know i will get out of if i fall in.... nice fish and im not trying to stop you from fishing there

joey......I heard you like to swim in root beer .......kinky man....... :wacko:

joey......I heard you like to swim in root beer .......kinky man....... :lol:

didnt someone send me threats for that or something :wacko:

Archived